PDA

View Full Version : Training - Group owned Public Cat

Fuji Abound
22nd Feb 2003, 10:26
I am aware of the problems with using a Group owned private cat aircraft for training, but have always assumed there is no problem what so ever using a Group owned public cat aircraft for training towards the first grant of a new rating - night, IMC, IR. Am I correct please?

muppet
22nd Feb 2003, 17:53
Yes, I am sure you are right. Public cat no problem. Private cat a pain and not allowed for initial issue.

Only fly (sic) in the ointment might be that all training must now be done by/at an FBO with all the approvals.

So I would imagine you would have to have the a/c put on a club's books to train.

Stan Evil
23rd Feb 2003, 19:13
A Transport (Passenger) cat allows training. If you're training for issue of a licence, aircraft rating or night rating then you must use a licensed airfield. Training for a PPL needs to be done under the auspices of a Registered Training Facility (your local flying school). Training for any commercial licence, twin rating or instructor can only be done by an approved Flying Training Organisation using approved aircraft.

Doghouse
23rd Feb 2003, 21:49
I'm sorry to be vague but I seem to remember there being some kind of requirement that a Transport Cat aircraft had to be 'singly' owned to be used for training. I don't want to pee on your fire here and I could be completely wrong - but it might be worth checking the ANO/AIC for clarification.

I guess I'm saying don't rely on Pprune as the regs are written down somewhere; I just can't remember where!