PDA

View Full Version : A320 EFIS - Company Options?

CheyenneFan
19th Feb 2003, 20:49
Well, as the topic already implies, I am interested in Airbus A320 EFIS company options.

I do already know about the possibility to order an additional Baro-Setting (QFE), how about the “Optional Data Display Push Buttons”? My A340 Training notes state that “Only one function can be activated at a time”, i.e. VOR.D (+CONSTRAIN!). Is there an operator that has an option installed to activate more than one of these functions?

Please excuse my bad English!

Johannes

Fast Erect
25th Feb 2003, 16:43
If you push the EFIS buttons that you want, at EXACTLY the same time, you can have them all on simultaneously.

CaptSnails
26th Feb 2003, 04:10
Yep then you get "MAP PARTIALLY DISPLAYED" coz the DMC cannot handle that much info :*

Max Angle
26th Feb 2003, 15:56
That little "hack" only works on the older style FCU panels. It does not work on the newer ones with the longer speed knob and darker green switch lights.

As far as I know there are very few EFIS display options on the Airbus, don't think you can choose track up instead of heading for instance. Display of QNH/Inches is switchable by the pilot and I think the crossbar flight directors are the only option.

There are a few autoflight options that are pin selectable such as letting the G/S engage before the LOC has captured. Disabled on our aircraft but some operators have it enabled.

CheyenneFan
26th Feb 2003, 21:13
Thanks for your input!

Johannes

A320 SFO
27th Feb 2003, 14:00
The trick of selecting two pb's at the same time really does work ,except with A320 that support the new CPIP3 conversion.