PDA

View Full Version : Any further news on SEPs at Sheffield?

poetpilot
18th Feb 2003, 07:28
Apologies, I'm aware that there was a thread running on this, but it got long and involved as these things do. Here we are in Feb 03, has anyone heard any further news on SEPs being allowed to fly from Sheffield yet?

If no news, I suggest no posts, as the subject will get lost by the aurrounding conversations :O

SuperOwl
18th Feb 2003, 11:42
I know you suggested that if there was no news then nobody should post anything.

But given that I live under the final approach to runway 28 I can tell you that I have seen no SEP's whatsover and when I went to the airport under the pretence that I wanted a trial flight in a helicopter I asked them about SEP ops there and nobody seemed to know anything about it.

Given that there are various rumours about the future of EGSY full stop, I guess the best thing to do is to wait for any official announcements. My feeling is that if all the rumours about SEP ops were true then the locals, myself included would have heard about it by now, either through the local media or the NIMBY's.

So in a nutshell, no news. Probably just a rumour.

camaro
18th Feb 2003, 13:47
Asked the Netherthorpe CFI about this just the other day (as you may remember from my other posts on this subject, the CFI had been flying CAA peeps in/out of Sheff last year). Anyway, apparently SE ops at Sheff is now a definite "No", rather than the previous "maybe".:(

squawking 7700
18th Feb 2003, 15:44
Hey Camaro, that's funny, I heard at Gamston last Saturday that Sheffield SE ops were definitly ON, and no that wasn't from the
people at Sheffield Aviation, you know who I mean!

Squawking 7700

camaro
18th Feb 2003, 16:06
S7700

I'd heard the same from some Gamston chaps as well so I thought would ask Nethers CFI as I knew he was keen to use Sheff as an "alternate". The CFI had just spoken with the CAA and somebody to do with Sheffield City Airport directly and was basically told "not a chance". So, who do we believe?
:confused:

100LL
18th Feb 2003, 21:30
Hmm do you mean "Swiss" herd that this Friday would be the day of reckoning!!!