PDA

View Full Version : World's best airline

Dumpvalve
18th Feb 2003, 04:44
It would be interesting to see which airline most people aspire to work for. Have you achieved your dream job - if so which airline do you work for? If not which airline would be the pinnacle for you? My hubby achieved his aim, the Emirates.

Flying Clog
18th Feb 2003, 10:53
Yup, Emirates for me too. Seems to be a VERY popular airline to work for at the moment. Maybe because it's one of the very few that doesn't treat it's employees like sh!t.

Bucking Bronco
20th Feb 2003, 00:32
If we were sat in this position 20 years ago I would say Cathay (their old A scales were fab and HK was good aswell). Now I'd say Emirates maybe. No where is perfect and life is always a compromise.

KADS
21st Feb 2003, 23:15
C'mon! It has gotto be American Airlines! Who does not wanna work for the worlds largest airline where on intro day they tell you: "You will all retire as millionaires" ;)

2nd, It's gonna have to be SAS, Scandinavian Airlines... (ok, so I'm patriotic) :}

middlepath
22nd Feb 2003, 11:55
Agreed,Emirates is almost there! provided if they introduce outside bases and purchase couple of 747-400.

er82
23rd Feb 2003, 15:01
Yup! Emirates for me too! Although I have one question, which I have asked a few people and no-one seems to know - do Emirates employ female pilots?

middlepath
23rd Feb 2003, 16:05
female in arab land No,No . Need hood while walking.

Unwell_Raptor
23rd Feb 2003, 16:09
Could we reconsider the question from the viewpoint of:

Crew

Non-flying staff

Passengers

Shareholders

Who would be the overall winners then?

Jetdriver
23rd Feb 2003, 18:17
No unwell Raptor.

This forum is for questions to Professional pilots. If you want to consider it from other points of view the question needs posing in a more appropriate forum. This sort of thing often appears in Pax & SLF.

Dumpvalve
24th Feb 2003, 06:00
Hi Unwell_Raptor, as Jetdriver said, I don't want to get to technical, just from a working point of view. Hi Middlepath, just a point, as a female ex-pat, defnitely "no hood needed when walking" I actually heard they are looking at taking female pilots,not sure of the details though.

A300Man
24th Feb 2003, 12:18
Qatar Airways in Doha have one long standing female First Officer, and are looking to recruit more female pilots.

Also, I believe that GF are shortly to take female pilots too.

Bob Upndown
24th Feb 2003, 12:57
Whilst I know that my flight deck pals may disagree right now, the best airline for me would be Virgin.

I stress this is a personal thing - I never thought that I'd be doing a job that is always challenging and ultimately fulfilling, with non-stop travel to (usually) great places, no two days the same, and to be part of a superb team of people, both in the air and on the ground. VS have given me this opportunity, and everything else aside, it really is the people that make it.

Please don't flame me for this - I do get to see both sides of the coin when it comes to ongoing issues, and as I say, this is just for me!:D

Cheers,
Bob

Dumpvalve
24th Feb 2003, 17:31
Hi Bob, good answer, no reason to "flame" you, as you say this is a personal choice, and that is all that I am looking for, what airline does it for you.

jet_breeze
24th Feb 2003, 20:50
To me the most financially stable airline would be the best so its probably American Airlines or Singapore Airlines maybe British Airways.

twieke
25th Feb 2003, 08:52
I guess everybody has a ladder. The cy's you don't want to work for at the bottom and the good ones at the top.

Depending on how and where you would like to live, which challenges you want to take and your family/social life, the top five will differ. The cy's stability, route structure and future plans (read career options) are a major factor too.
Depending on where you are on your personal ladder and which seniority number you have in your present cy, you will apply for another job.

In most people's top five you will probably find: Emirates, Singapore, British Airways, American and....I will leave the fifth one open.

Regards,
Twieke