PDA

View Full Version : End of an era !

EGCC Rwy 24
16th Feb 2003, 16:21
So, the North Sea changes are finally here - at least they are on 20 March.

Quite apart from the fact that it is going to take for ever to update my site (http://www.nicklocke.co.uk/points), it really does feel like the end of an era.

Goodbye to the fish : ANGEL, FILET, KIPPA, KOLEY, MULIT, SAMON, SKATE, SPRAT

Goodbye to the comics : BEENO, DANDI

It's even goodbye Julie : DODSI

I really think this could be my last chance to catch up on some of the history, before these are lost forever. Come on folks, one last push please!!!

I notice that there are some intriguing new names creeping in too. Who is MORAG? Who thinks ITSUX? Is it funny enough to merit a GIGUL?

Thanks in advance - my site has a feedback page, but e/mail is just as good.

Thanks again.

Itsonyatv
16th Feb 2003, 19:06
MALUD DOGIT seems a bit fishy to me!!

Findo
16th Feb 2003, 23:05
An educated guess. MORAG is the wife of Dave Stuart a long term contributor to the North Sea revisions and a Bank Supervisor at ScACC.

ITSUX .. juvenile humour like BALIX which working ATCOs have to deal with in their everyday life not ever having been in the Bournemouth pub where the idea first arose.

EGCC Rwy 24
21st Feb 2003, 06:49
Thanks guys!

Any more??

Aluminium Importer
21st Feb 2003, 14:13
I've just opened a letter containing an 80 quid fine for driving in a bus lane. How about:

FUKIN RIPOF

Muppet99
22nd Feb 2003, 00:16
Where can I find futher info on this?

EDIT: on the changes being made I mean!

EGCC Rwy 24
22nd Feb 2003, 22:36
Muppet.

For the raw view, stick with my site - the changes are creeping in over the next few days - there are a lot, so no apology for it taking a while.

For the politically correct view, try www.ais.org.uk

Cheers

EGCC Rwy 24
1st Mar 2003, 17:52
Come on chaps,

thye can't all be random five letter words - there must be some stories in there somewhere !!

pax anglia
1st Mar 2003, 18:03
A preview chart of the new Airways/Upper Air Routes landed yesterday and I find ARSAT (WNW Teesside on UP17), ELSAN (UN581) and ARTEX (UP60). I think someone is having a bit of a GIGUL (UP1).

EGCC Rwy 24
8th Mar 2003, 22:34
Thanks Pax --- any one else got any more?

Keep 'em coming......

bagpuss lives
11th Mar 2003, 23:21
Before the revision of procedures late last year one routing would have been BETTY - BITES - BIGGA - BOLIX :)

Rumours of it being linked to a certain cleaning operative at LACC must surely be false? :D

RomeoTangoFoxtrotMike
12th Mar 2003, 13:01
A lot of the gory details seem to be here (http://www.eurocontrol.be/ais/ahead/airac/north-sea/ris.htm).

mainecoon
12th Mar 2003, 21:11
well

the jury are still out on who arsat is but a number of names do spring to mind!

batli though near leeds for those forced to endure emerdale was the name of edna birch's dog

just a theory this one but with the special relationship going through the roof dolas is what we will be spending soon not euros!!:eek:

EGCC Rwy 24
29th Mar 2003, 17:47
Have a look (http://nicklocke.co.uk/Points) at BANKS, EATON, LIVPO, KEGUN and BAROS.

Rumoured to be coming into use on 15 May.

Any more input very welcome ---- and keep it coming on the older points. With all this restructuring going on, things are changing very fast and many of the historical anecdotes risk being lost for ever.

Nick