PDA

View Full Version : Vacancy at Leeds/Bradford

PM686
16th Feb 2003, 14:01
Considering applying for this position.

Anybody got any worthwhile info ?

niknak
16th Feb 2003, 15:53
A very good place to go and build upon your CV.

A good place to work, with, on the whole, a good bunch, but there are more than the usual number of "been there sice year dot, I'll not change for anyone" people, and, allegedly, it's these guys who make it not worth staying there for a career.

Busy, lots of different types of a/c and airspace challenges etc, but if you want to go there and become a watch supervisor overnight, forget it, it will take you eons.

Go there for 5 years or so, and use it as a stepping stone for something better.

almost professional
17th Feb 2003, 11:29
why not try the somewhere better first?-I believe that the midlands fastest growing airport in sunny northwest leicestershire may have a vacancy shortly-very good mix of traffic, very good working conditions-but be prepared to really work the night duties!:D

javelin
17th Feb 2003, 20:18
niknak - so Bodgit and Scarper aren't on your Christmas list then huh ? :O

mr grumpy
18th Feb 2003, 08:43
Almost Pro - what's the pay, pension and roster like? I thought they recruited fairly recently so what's the catch?

almost professional
18th Feb 2003, 08:55
roster is AAOMMNNSOO-though slight variations on this soon due to opening ground on a more regular basis, may involve dropping nights for days or twilights, but no firm decisions yet on how we will proceed.
Pension is final salary, indexed linked to 5%, 6% contribution
pay is around atco 3 rates-dont have the figures to hand-for more info suggest you contact the new ATSM Jon Cox
We have taken on five new atco's recently-four already validated in twr, but the usual problems of retirement/maternity dont go away!

360BakTrak
18th Feb 2003, 17:34
If a vacancy does arise at 'the fastest growing airport in the midlands' will they advertise nationally again or contact some of the 100's of CV's received last summer from the last recruitment? :}

almost professional
18th Feb 2003, 18:01
360 thats above my pay grade, but if you're still interested have a word with Jon Cox the new ATSM.:ok:

radar707
18th Feb 2003, 19:22
Here's the link for the job:

EGNM ATCO JOB (http://www.lbia.co.uk/cgi-bin/jobs.cgi?ref_no=ATCO.001)

Hitchin a ride
19th Feb 2003, 07:41
Almost Pro,

This may also be above your pay grade!, but during the last round of recruitment were the new guys on tower only contracts ( and therefore paid less) with a move to a full radar/twr contract later?
Please correct me if I`m wrong, just what I heard. I guess it makes sense to those who pay the wages, but a shame for those ( me included ) who have a full licence and years of experience who would love to work there.

Cheers,

H-a-r
:)

almost professional
19th Feb 2003, 10:30
hitchin-all five are fully rated, though with varying levels of experience, as I said four are valid already in the tower and we are just starting on the radar training (good thing too as I seem to have forgotten what to do in tower!)
:p

niknak
19th Feb 2003, 18:35
The advert indicates a top salary of £44k - this certainly wouldnt encourage any of us to apply, (we're not NATS and nowhere near top of the pay scales in the UK):confused:

360BakTrak
19th Feb 2003, 19:42
Does anyone have an e-mail, phone number or address for John Cox by any chance? Thinking of enquiring about possible future recruitment as I wasn't one of the lucky ones last year!:(

Legs11
28th Feb 2003, 08:46
Hey almost pro, how is the dizzy blond getting on? Is she one of the ones already valid tower? Just out of interest were all the others ex-nats?

360BK try 01332 852815 for Jon Cox

:)

almost professional
28th Feb 2003, 11:10
if you mean the lady from liverpool=then she validated a couple of weeks ago!
two of the five came from nats directly, some of the others are ex space cadets