PDA

View Full Version : A sign of Spring

formationfoto
15th Feb 2003, 12:39
I understand some people believe the sound of a swallow, or nightingale, or some such to be a reasonable sign of spring. In my mind, and somewhat less reliable, it is the growl of the mighty Merlin. I just happen to be fortunate enough to live right next to a grass airfield on which a Mustang lives. My thoughts turned to the private flying season ahead through the reasonably pleasant weather and the first flight of the Mustang. Thank you Maurice and the team - I can now look forward to six months or so of excitement.

stiknruda
15th Feb 2003, 16:08
Funny old thing, FF, I heard that engine running up (well wind was nor'easterly) and then watched it climb out and turn right.

I was polishing my aeroplane at the time and was in 2 minds whether to go off to Leicester. The Mustang was still visible at 4 miles so I decided to go....

An amazing impromptu Pitts fly-in at EBGB.

There were 10 Pitts Specials and a Skybolt and a Starduster on the ramp. Someone suggested a photoshoot (on the ground) so we spent 30 mins pushing them around.

Hopefully post a photo here for you all to see shortly.

The weather inland was super but landed back here in the murk at 1630 - legal, safe but not great fun east of Peterborough.

Stik

flickoff
15th Feb 2003, 18:36
Well there you go Stik, you pay the price for being a star of photographs. Good line up though:cool:

stiknruda
16th Feb 2003, 11:01
FO - your aeroplane was looking very good! Glad that it is sorted.

The bipe in Tx is looking more plausible following a discussion with the vendor last night. Will let you know we get on.

Is "the fat American" going to mail out yesterday's photos?

Stik