PDA

View Full Version : how much is fuel

buzzc152
14th Feb 2003, 12:12
How much (on average) is Av Gas ??? I should know this really but I've never had to pay for fuel before.

Ta

Mark 1
14th Feb 2003, 12:18
If you have room for a 5000 litre tanker delivery its about 70p/litre inc. duty (27p) and VAT.

At most airfields its about 95p-£1.05 total.

Channel Islands are about 52p/litre.

You can claim back the duty if you fly out of the UK (C&E form HO61)

rotorboater
14th Feb 2003, 14:35
Does anyone know what the rules are for keeping 5000lts of avgas at home?
Would I need a huge underground bunker and loads of ministry red tape or is it more simple if just for your own us?

Flyin'Dutch'
14th Feb 2003, 16:03
Dont know about permanent installations but the rules for having your own bowser are not too bad.

Even at relative small amounts it pays to have one if you have the space for it.

Ring Aeroshell. Helpful folk.

FD

Grob Driver
17th Feb 2003, 22:53
Hi Guys,

Anyone seriously considering a storage tank for 5000 lt will have to comply with the oil storage Regs. They basically say that the tank, and all the connecting pipe work must be contained within a bund 110% greater than the size of the tank! I think any tank containing fuel that is greater than 200 lt will have to comply with the Rags. You need to talk to your local Environment officer at the Environment Agency! Or., send me a private message and I’ll do my best to answer your questions! (Now you all know what I do for a living!)

Rotorboater, we generally don’t like underground storage tanks because it’s not possible to check their condition in years to come. Some petrol stations have lots gallons and gallons (I mean a LOT!) of fuel, and just didn’t know about it. You’d probably have to go for an above ground storage tank.

I can send info to people if they need it!
Cheers

Grob Driver