PDA

View Full Version : share in a cheap hours builder needed

buzzc152
13th Feb 2003, 08:33
Probably not the most appropraite forum to ask in but I'll ask anyway.

Does anyone know of a share in a cheap SEP in the south...... ,Beagle Pup woud be first choice but C152, Bulldog etc is fine. I'm looking for cheap hourly rate as opposed to cheap share (up to about £2500ish).

Anyone know of any available at their club ?

Genghis the Engineer
13th Feb 2003, 09:31
There are quite a few going at Popham. They are all advertised on a noticeaboard in the clubhouse, I'd suggest you'd be best driving or flying down and browsing the board over a coffee. I was last there at the weekend, I didn't see any Beagle Pups, but a couple of C150/152 shares, and similar - certainly there are at-least a dozen on the board there in the ballpark you're looking for.

To save a wasted journey, do note that the clubhouse is usually locked up at about 5pm.

G

FlyingForFun
13th Feb 2003, 09:50
If you're interested in a much lower hourly rate than you're likely to find for a C150/152 type aircraft, and a lot more fun, but at a higher share cost than the £2500ish that you mentioned (more like £6500, but I don't think an exact price has been decided yet), then e-mail me or send me a private message.

FFF
--------------

Crossedcontrols
13th Feb 2003, 12:56
A friend's group has shares available in a Rallye at Henlow.
Send a PM if interestd.

CC

SteveR
13th Feb 2003, 13:02
My share at Rochester is up for sale:

£2500, 55 per hr, 80 per month.

Robin Aiglon 4 seat tourer with 5 hours endurance. 300 hours on the engine and prop, always hangared

Steve R

BlueRobin
13th Feb 2003, 15:49
It's a nice aircraft Steve but hardly cheap. FFF's Europa sounds good :D

Oh how I wish there was a cheap aircraft based nr. Stratford-upon-Avon... :(

Genghis the Engineer
14th Feb 2003, 14:17
Worth mentioning that for an hours builder, or just somebody who wants unrestricted cheap flying, you could do far worse than buy a cheap PFA single seater - say something like an MW7 for around £3k. Fly the pants off it, do your own maintenance, and I doubt you'll find you're paying more than about £25/hr, plus perhaps a total loss of about £500 if you sell it with loads more hours on it.

For example, I've just cut and pasted the following from the PFA's website (to save upsetting the powers that be there, since it's in a members only area, I've not included the contact details, but if you're not a member, you should be, then you can get them for yourself)...

MW7, 532 Rotax, 360h TTAF/E, 60-75kn cruise, 900fpm climb, 100kn vne. Good condition, riggs solo in 1/2hr, can email photos. Cheap flying for £3,495.

RAND KR2, new Permit 1834cc, VW fuel injected ACRO engine, fixed taildragger undercarriage, cheap to operate, £7,000 ono.

RANS S-10, 2 seat taildragger, Rotax 582 65hp, TTAE 50 hours, radio, always hangared, Permit expired, Cambridge based, potential for aerobatics. £5,000 for quick sale

CORBEN BABY ACE, single seat, open cockpit, airframe 790hrs, A65 60hrs since overhaul 2001. Permit June 2003. £6,500 or P/X for two seater

DRUINE TUBULENT, 150hrs mainframe, 35hrs on new engine/Leburg electronic ignition. Many extras - pristine. If you want a turbulent you will buy this one. £6,750ono

G