PDA

View Full Version : Help with FMC

Rexbo
11th Feb 2003, 16:06
I'm shortly moving onto a Boeing and have never used FMC before. Any suggestions where I can get some decent software that will allow me use my pc to practice? Any help gratefully received!

millerscourt
11th Feb 2003, 16:18
Re FMC If you have an oz of intelligence it really is not necessary ,so just wait for your course anf if you cannot hack it then stay on the dials or consider another career.!

MaximumPete
11th Feb 2003, 16:38
I agree with millerscourt.

There should be an FMC trainer in the classroom that you can practise on in your spare time. After a few goes it all appears very logical.

Don't get overwhelmed by the manual as this section is invariably the thickest in the book.

Enjoy your course!!

MP

ratarsedagain
11th Feb 2003, 17:08
Agree with the 2 previous replies. You'll get yourself horribly baffled and bogged down if you try and read about the FMC. It all becomes very apparent once you get your hands on one.
Good Luck!

Cornish Jack
11th Feb 2003, 18:43
Rexbo
In partial agreement with above comments, but which Boeing???
If 747-400, there is a very good home practice programme on the market. Danny's not too happy about commercial recommendations so if that IS the type, e-mail me for details.

kinsman
11th Feb 2003, 18:44
Boeing FMC is very user friendly, agree with all of the above! Might be worth a jump seat ride with your company but if you can't get one don't worry about it. Might better spend your time learning the profiles and getting to know the SOP's.

Enjoy the course!

max_cont
11th Feb 2003, 19:02
Rexbo make life easy.

The FMC is going to be the least of your worries. Do not try to be clever by trying to get a head start; it’s a very easy bit of kit to use.

The 767 fleet I fly has three different versions of FMC. If you start learning the wrong version before you get some hands on with the type you are going to use, you will just confuse yourself and make the job more difficult than it has to be.

Enjoy the course...and good luck.:D

Rexbo
11th Feb 2003, 21:22
Thanks for the prompt replies, I will heed your advice.
... changing career was a bit drastic though!

Joe Monsoon
13th Feb 2003, 15:49
You can try www.cockpit.com its for the B738 and B763ER might be good. The boys are right its so easy Enjoy