PDA

View Full Version : An-28 Crash in TLL

Flip Flop Flyer
11th Feb 2003, 13:37
An An-28 crashed after take-off from Tallinn yesterday, 10FEB03. Both crew members died. Aircraft, belived to be ES-NOY, was operated on behalf of TNT Express Worldwide. Picture of the aircraft shows it nose down in dense forrest. No reports on cause available at the moment.

Thoughts goes to the families of the crew members, and staff with the airline and TNT.

We had a horrible accident last year, and even though I didn't know any of the crew personally it was devastating. Can very well imagine what it must be like at TNT and the airline today and next days.

Sorry, but I do not know the name of the airline who owned the aircraft. Will try to trace it and post here ASAP.

The airline was ENIMEX.

Edited cause I got the date wrong, and I've added the airline name.

angels
11th Feb 2003, 13:41
This ran on on Interfax yesterday evening. Answers one question, raises others.

One dies in plane crash in Estonia
TALLINN. Feb 11 (Interfax/BNS) - One person was killed and two were injured when an airplane crashed in Tallinn on Monday evening, the chief spokesman for Estonia's Rescue Department said.
An Antonov An-28 of the Estonian airline Enimex fell around 8 p.m., almost immediately after taking off at the Tallinn airport, the spokesman told the Baltic News Service.
The plane fell in a nearby forest, he said.
Enimex General Director Andrei Kisly told the BNS that the plane was heading for Helsinki with cargo from the World Wide Express service.
He said the cause of the accident is unclear so far.

Konkordski
11th Feb 2003, 20:51
ATI report today confirmed the a/c as ES-NOY and said starboard engine failed after t/o.

CargoOne
11th Feb 2003, 22:03
Just found operator's press release. My condolences to colleagues. http://www.enimex.ee