PDA

View Full Version : Loss of licence insurance

boroatco
9th Feb 2003, 19:18
Realise that this is getting ever more expensive, it does however for an essential part of our terms and conditions,

Can anyone supply me with names and contact details of companys or brokers who supply Loss of licence insurance for ATCO's????

Cheers

niknak
9th Feb 2003, 20:56
As abroad answer, it's nigh on impossible for an individual atco to obtain individual "loss of licence" insurance, whilst brokers/insurance companies will look favourably at companies who wish to provide it for their atco employees.
I suppose that the insurers/brokers consider that an individual premium is not a worthwhile risk whilst a group risk will make them a lot more money with lower odds on having to pay out.
Why this should be, when pilots can obtain very similar cover as individuals, I don't know.
I've sent you a pvt message with regard to the cover we are provided with.

Chilli Monster
9th Feb 2003, 21:35
Personal cover is available - Try http://www.traffordsinsurance.co.uk

boroatco
10th Feb 2003, 10:10
Thanks for the info so far guys, It was a group policy I need info on for up to 30 ATCO's.

Keep the info coming in!!!

fish food
11th Feb 2003, 08:42
GATCO used to do a scheme through Channel Insurance Brokers. However, CIB couldn't get an insurance firm to underwrite the scheme so it folded after only a few years. (The annual premium was about £400, so don't go expecting an equivalent scheme to be cheap!!!).

To my knowledge GATCO have not found an alternative company to provide a similar scheme to its members. BALPA might be a way of finding alternative companies who deal with the flying fraternity and who may be inclined to take ATCOs on similar terms.

Let us know how you get on.

:)