PDA

View Full Version : Welshpool - Aya Fly-in

ariel
9th Feb 2003, 15:26
For all those who are interested, we are having a fly-in at Welshpool Airport on Frday June 6th, Sat 7th and Sun 8th.

Expecting up to 20+ aircraft, (hopefully 30ish), from around Europe.

Feel free to come along !!

2WingsOnMyWagon
9th Feb 2003, 19:42
About time too!!!

Glad to hear the place is up and running properly again! Whats the the landing fee(s) these days?

:ok:

P.S. whats Aya?

Yankee
10th Feb 2003, 05:51
What's the AYA.

The A merican Y ankee A ssociation., check it out at www.aya.org It's the International owners and pilots club for Grumman AA1/5 AG5's and GA7 aircraft. 2000 members worldwide, 90 odd members in Europe including approx 40 here in the UK. A must for any Grumman Owner/Pilot.

Although the club is based in the US the Association's name is derived from the first aircrfat type the American Aviation AA1 Yankee.

2WingsOnMyWagon
10th Feb 2003, 09:14
Thanks for that Yankee.

ariel
Does this mean only AYA members at this fly-in then? Or is everyone and their aircraft welcome?

:ok:

ariel
10th Feb 2003, 13:23
2wingsonmywagon:

Hi. Landing fees here are £6.00 for a single, and £12.00 for a twin.

With regards to your other question, I'll find out for definate from the organisers, but as I understand it, this is an airport, and all are welcome to fly in, BUT any organised events to do with this fly-in are for Grumman pilot/owners.

As I say, I'll find out more

Ni Thomas
16th Feb 2003, 20:12
The AYA Fly-in is mainly for AYA Members - BUT anyone is certainly welcome.
The airfield is a public one and we would definitely NOT want, or indeed dream of any restrictions to other users. We are certainly in no position to impose anything on anyone.

As for the event itself - We have made specific arrangements for activities, accommodation and food for the AYA membership. All details are posted in the AYA Star publication, on the web - www.aya.org/events/20030607 + All members have been sent individual invitations.
If you are a Grumman owner, fly Grummans or are just simply interested drop in. We'd be pleased to see you.