PDA

View Full Version : Floatplane endorsements in Vancouver?

RV6
8th Feb 2003, 12:36
I'm planning a trip to Vancouver later this year - can any one recommend a training organisation that offers floatplane endorsements?

Charlie Papa Lima
8th Feb 2003, 20:26
Check out www.google.ca and enter seaplane training in the search box. There should be a few to choose from.

Check out the Canada forum and there are some replies to a similar question. Hope it helps.

gdnhalley
8th Feb 2003, 21:40
RV6
I did a floatplane rating with AirHart Aviation at Kelowna in July 2001 and found they were very good trusting and friendly. (sent me off solo on their floatplane before I had paid them a penny towards my training costs).
Kelowna in July was nice and warm as well which went down well with my wife, when I was away enjoying myself.
They have a web page on www.air-hart.com Check it out, good luck.
gdn

Tonic Please
8th Feb 2003, 21:40
Check out www.flyvfc.com

I did my PPL with them. They are based at Victoria Intl CYYJ...I do not think they do floatplanes, but they sure as hell will direct you somewhere where they do do them :)

Good luck...

Dan :D

Gertrude the Wombat
9th Feb 2003, 22:11
I've just booked a course with Keith Fraser for sometime in August, but as I haven't been yet I obviously can't tell you what it was like yet. (His organisation did feature in a recent Pilot article.)