PDA

View Full Version : Reccomended Reading

weselfluren
5th Feb 2003, 14:22
Can anyone reccomend a quick & reliable source of the books on the reading list for the tests? Kemble St. have given just over 3 weeks to obtain these, and the libraries are not the most relaible source. Help!!!

mr.777
5th Feb 2003, 14:28
Get the ABC book by Graham Duke......worked for me!This has got all the info you need for the interview,most of which you won't be asked about anyway.
If you live in London Area,Ian Allan bookshop at Waterloo is a good bet although I've seen them sold in WHSmith too.
Failing this get it off the internet at Amazon.co.uk
Good luck and happy reading!

Evil J
5th Feb 2003, 21:17
I think Transair pilot shops stock them.

www.transair.co.uk or similar

Greebson
5th Feb 2003, 22:07
I RECOMMEND A DICTIONARY AS WELL:} :p :O :eek: :cool:

Barnaby the Bear
6th Feb 2003, 08:07
Go to your nearest airport. They usually have copies. costs about £8. That seemed to be the only book I could find when I applied.:}

VectorLine
6th Feb 2003, 13:49
I didnt read any of the books, just the pack sent to me and I still got in.

Don't worry too much about it.

VL

MinimumRest
6th Feb 2003, 18:24
The pack they sent did me fine too, don't think they will ask you anything that's not printed in there.

Good luck!

MR XxX

alfie1999
6th Feb 2003, 21:27
can anyone from catc or within the 'system' confirm the rumour that this autumn's course is being delayed. i've seen this story on a couple of threads and the recruitment desk wouldn't tell me anything when i rang. although the lady who answered the phone did seem a little evasive when i asked the question.

fly bhoy
7th Feb 2003, 08:56
I also got through with the pack they sent me but I did buy the ABC book and the laymans guide book by dave graves.

They're very helpful in clearing some things up and also for showing you've got an interest in the subject and have made an effort to do some extra reading on it!!

FB