PDA

View Full Version : Skegness Airstrip

Wireless
4th Feb 2003, 10:40
Does anyone know if Skegness air strip is still operational. If so where can I obtain the details (TO/LDA & abatement areas etc). I haven't got a lockyear's.

Cheers, Bill

Bootlegger
4th Feb 2003, 10:49
SKEGNESS (water leisure park)
11/29....grass......540 x 22......u/l.................no lighting
04/22....grass......755 x 22......u/l.................no lighting

rwy 11...starter ext' 192m
rwy 29...starter ext' 45m

phone number. 01754 611127
www.skegnessairfield.co.uk :)

Wireless
4th Feb 2003, 17:55
Ah thanks friend.

Cheers, Bill

Jinkster
7th Feb 2003, 22:35
Hello Bootlegger,

Where in Sheffield do you live?

Chapeltown here.

Jinkster

Bootlegger
8th Feb 2003, 00:44
Hi jinkster........sheffield, centre S1
where do you fly from ????.................me = EGNF

:)

Jinkster
8th Feb 2003, 09:30
Hi Bootlegger,

Only really flown from Kissimmee, Florida where I did my PPL, Night and multi rating, but have flown with a friend of mine from mexbrough at Gamston. Did a bit of flying with the cadets at Church fenton and scierston.

Doing ATPLs at Cabair in beds

Email is [email protected] to save 'clogging' up this forum.

Jinkster

Holdposition
8th Feb 2003, 13:12
Hi Wireless, flew into Skegie last year, made very welcome and as long as you ppr all should be ok for you, when I went in the guy looking after the place was running around on a motorcycle and was very helpful indeed, nothing too much trouble. As a bonus when you leave you normally get a number of people standing on a raised bank waving to you as you rotate!!!!! of course Mrs Holdposition loved all of this and returned the action in true royal fashion :)

Go and have a super time and let us know how it goes.

Kolibear
9th Feb 2003, 12:38
My In-laws live just north of Skeg, so weather permitting, I should be going up there several times this summer.

Its not in Lockyears guide, but full details are in the AFE Flight Guide.

Wireless
10th Feb 2003, 16:08
I flew a Luton Minor into there 4 years ago. On approach a naked man ran out of one of the tents on the campsite situated near the approach. That was a bad landing day!

I remember disappearing into town and eating a chippy but when I returned to the field some kids were playing football near the aircraft! I remember a crowd of about 20 holiday makers swarming around as I hand swung the prop. Nothing like 20 inquisitive people milling around whilst hand swinging to make one nervous!

Great place. I didn't know if it had closed but as it still seems alive and kicking I will definately re-visit.

Cheers, Bill