PDA

View Full Version : EGLL Tower Visit

Sherry Bobbins
4th Feb 2003, 07:10
Hi all,

I've read all the info on the thread "Got a NATS Interview ?? Read here first.", but can't find the info I need.

Basically, I've got a second stage interview at the end of February, and was wondering if anyone could help me with a visit to Heathrow Tower?

Any info. gratefully received.

Thanks,

SB

Evil J
4th Feb 2003, 08:03
ATCO Two is your man

ATCO Two
4th Feb 2003, 12:59
Check your e-mails Andy.

Muppet99
4th Feb 2003, 14:40
Hi

I'd just come on here for info about the same thing :D

I'll be applying to NATS in the next month or so and was thinking that a visit to somewhere like LL twr would definitely be a good thing.

If anyone could pass on some info (ATCO 2?!) about how to best go about this it would be greatfully received.

Thanks
Tom

Sherry Bobbins
4th Feb 2003, 17:29
Emails checked - thanks very much ATCO Two

SB

LiamMc
4th Feb 2003, 18:51
Hi all.

As a frequent user of VATSIM both as a pilot & as a (Virtual)ATCO, it is something that I find extremely helpful in helping me work towards my goal of becoming an ATCO or Pilot (in that order). I've been a member of VATSIM (used to be SATCO) since December 2000 and since then it has been one hell of a learning curve.

Learning the phraseology (sometimes can be diverged from real-world but that is to be expectes) and also becoming competent 'on the mic' surely has to be one of the greatest benefits of it all.

Of course it is impossible to mirror the real-world EXACTLY, considering its over the internet, but in my honest opinion, it is extremely well organised and the access to real world knowledge is endless.

With the help of the UK AIP, us wannabee's can download the charts, get familiar with them & put them into practise. In addition, practise of mayday/pan-pan sitations, although obviously it is not as crucial as in real-world situations (the phone calls, the omni-crash etc) it does surely lie us in good stead for the future?

I could go on for ever, but I will spare you :)

Liam Mc
One of the Scottish Dudes on 129.22

OOPS! LOL

Wrong thread :O