PDA

View Full Version : the foundation of pprune

driver1
31st Jan 2003, 23:53
the title of this forum is reporting points; quote Rumours and News that may affect our jobs or lives as professional pilots.

400 or so UK pilots have had there jobs affected yesterday (31st jan) re the take over of BUZZ by Ryanair!! I cannot think of a better place then this forum for this subject to be discussed, instead it has been moved!! not only that my displeasure at you moderators has been REMOVED completely from the web site!! can i suggest you think about why this web site was created?? or the fact that Ryanair has a big banner ad which pays money is more important?????

Danny please think!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danny
1st Feb 2003, 02:09
When a thread that discusses the issues as they affect pilots is posted then it will stay in this forum. For the time being, threads which discuss the route structure, a/c order, timetable or whatever of an airline will be moved to the Airports, Airlines and Routes Forum.

This forum will hold threads that, in my opinion, directly relate to issues that are about professional pilots. There may be some difficulty in precise definition but on the whole most threads that remain in this forum follow that rule of thumb.

One of the biggest problems in maintaining a reliable forum is the need to focus the posts on professional pilot issues, allowing for some input from interested parties who are not pilots without letting the 'enthusiasts' take over!

The threads about the Ryanair/Buzz buyout were mostly discussion on issues that were more appropriate for the Airports, Airlines and Routes Forum. Several of the multiple threads were merged and the whole lot moved there with a link so I do not see what your problem is apart from trying to tell me how to edit/moderate this forum.

Feel free to start another thread with a title that is indicative of the content and focuses on pilot issues and not commercial issues. A repeat of the tedious LoCo bashing does not constitute a topic worthy of this forum. :zzz: Not necessarily easy but it's the rule that I apply to new threads in this forum.

WorkingHard
1st Feb 2003, 06:05
Danny, It is a fact that this is the best website in existence. You may not be everyone's ideal of a moderator and we all of us may wish for differences from time to time but PLEASE KEEP GOING