PDA

View Full Version : NATS Committed to New Prestwick Centre

2lo4zero
31st Jan 2003, 14:03
Richard Everitt made the following statement:

"NATS remains committed to the NPC, despite the worsening economic climate.

"In our view, the NPC provides the best opportunity to develop our future systems and, under my direction, the project team is currently re-working the business case for the new centre to reflect this approach.

"The business case has to be robust and take account of the current economic climate, the worst for decades, particularly for our airline customers and particularly for the transatlantic market which has traditionally provided over 40 per cent of NATS' revenue. There is no sign of improvement this year and the situation will deteriorate further should there be a conflict in the Middle East.

Notwithstanding the challenge this presents, NATS is currently evaluating various ATC systems to establish the best system for NPC. This is by far the largest part of the Scotland project, which will create the 5th biggest of Europe's 65 ATC centres and certainly the most advanced."

Probably NATS needs to be committed! :}

zygote
31st Jan 2003, 20:45
I could understand why AC needed to move from LATCC; but why do the Jocks need a new centre. Even with S33, they won't work that hard, will they. Apart from the transatlantics, it's a doddle.:yuk: :yuk:

fish food
31st Jan 2003, 22:31
Single-cell

You should take a trip up the M6 sometime and have a look see - you'd then be able to answer your own question.

:=

PS. The majority ATCOs at Scottish probably hail from outwith the country itself so I'd be careful of labeling YOUR fellow countrymen "Jocks". It's hard enough for them to cope with the language and the weather without giving them that sort of abuse!!!

:D