PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Confirm This{faa New Fars}}

robione
30th Jan 2003, 18:20
Anyone help here?

Converting from Jar-cpl-multi-ir to Faa same privalages.Also hold an Faa private issued on the basis of UK PPL,which has now been superceded by my Cpl.Recently went on Faa website and updated with my new address.Shopping for schools to go do the conversion and one has sent me info back stating the following.

Under new FARs that came into effect in Sept 2002,they have adjusted the requirements to convert from a JAA to FAA.

You can no longer use the Restricted PPL based on your UK licence,to add licences or ratings to.The following would need to be completed.

FAA PPL written, oral and flight test

FAA instrument written,oral and flight test

FAA Comm written, oral and flight test.

instrument and comm i was aware of,but all the PPL stuff as well?

Have searched the FAA website,phoned and emailed but have been sent round the houses so far.Emailed one dept who emailed me back with a phone number for the wrong dept,i returned the email and asked for an email of the relevant dept,the answer came back , we dont provide email addresses.Its fast becoming a chore.Anyone care to enlighten me?

DesiPilot
30th Jan 2003, 23:49
Robione,

The school gave you the right information. For any new FAA ratings to be added to your FAA certificate, the FAA certificate must be stand alone. Since your PPL is issued on the basis of your JAA licence, it is restricted to same limitations and priviledges of JAA Licence.
Of course this is true only if you want to get stand alone FAA license. If you just want to come here and fly, you can use your current FAA certificate as long as your JAA licence and medical and FAA BFR are current.

Cheers,
DesiPilot

cubby
1st Feb 2003, 18:40
Hay you ol' scouse git.
came across your post by chance.
so you are off to the USA.
have no idea to any of your enquires sorry.
Take it easy mate.
Keep out of those taxis.
I got a new email address. lok it up on my profile.
Cheers
Colin..