PDA

View Full Version : Question for A320 Pilots

Squak2002
30th Jan 2003, 16:10
Hello,

I would be really grateful if any A320 pilot could help me.
I just bought a A320 add on for flight sim 2002 and I was wondering about the calculation of take off requirments.

1. In controlled power settings, How is the Flex mark calculated. It is at a standard FLX42 in the flight sim.

2. Is the free movement for non-autopilot landings or can the thrust levers only move from idle - CL - FLX - TO/GO
Say for example like in a B737, you only need a bit of power to make the runway!

Any answerswould be great!!!
Many thanks

NigelOnDraft
30th Jan 2003, 17:43
I'll try and answer...

FLEX - the derate used for takeoff. If full power is not reqd for takeoff, the performance books (usually airline specific) will reveal the FLEX temperature to use e.g. +48C.

A. It is then entered into the FMGS Perf Takeoff Page.

B. Then on takeoff, you set the TLs to FLEX (rather than TOGA), and the reduced power is set.

If you do B without A it writes a rude message on the screen, and suggests you apply Full Power (TOGA).

<<Is the free movement for non-autopilot landings >>
1. Be aware of non-autopilot v non-autothrust. The systems can be enabled / disabled largely independantly.

2. Between Idle and Climb (or Flex/MCT with only 1 engine) the TLs work as any other aircraft with AT disabled. TOGA is essentially a "switch position" asking for full power.

NoD
On an A320 course!

Easy226
1st Feb 2003, 14:48
Hi, I also have this simulator and would be very grateful for some help as well.
1. The simulator does not allow you to engage the approach mode selector on the flight control unit. Is there a way of getting around this apart from programming the multi function display unit for that particular airport? I haven't seen the simualtor do an autoloand yet because of this!
2. Also, how do you change the radial you want to track for a particular beacon (again, without programming the course into the MFDU). It does not seem to be the same as that on the mode control panel of boeing models.
Many thanks
Dan

RadarContact
1st Feb 2003, 17:43
Easy 226,

Re: Question 1:

You can engage APP as soon as an ILS frequency is selected, either by programming the destination airport into the MCDU, or by tuning the ILS frequency directly into the RAD/NAV-page of the MCDU or by tuning the ILS frequency & course via the NAV function of the RMP (see below)

Re: Question 2:

Is the RMP (radio management panel) accessible in the Sim? That would be the second way to set your course for the VORs...