PDA

View Full Version : RIAT Glider Display... Fantastic

glider insider
30th Jul 2001, 17:45
any others out there at RIAT this weekend....

big well done to the glider pilots for their display... in my opinion one of the best displays of the whole weekend.

looping at that low level.... that takes some balls.....not sure I'm gonna practice that one just yet...

Parapunter
30th Jul 2001, 18:45
Can't beat a bit of gliding - Check out Guy & Richard Westgate - they were great at the Shoreham show last year.

KYGMSY
30th Jul 2001, 22:10
I was there on Saturday, very impressive, the commentator kept thinking they were going to land but just kept going over !!!

Negative 'G'
30th Jul 2001, 22:33
Yeah,I've got to agree.......absolutely excellent you can see why they called it 'Lazy Lunch' very fitting.

Does'nt it just pi55 you off though,all the "Enthusiasts" appeared to go to sleep during the Glider displays somehow finding the Grass more entertaining.
I ended up telling a fella sat next to me that he was missing the best display of the day,that came after the solo Glider had just executed a lovely Flick roll :D :D :D

Neg G

p.s The other highlights for me were Alan Wades display in the T67 and the formation aerotow by the chippies. :D

Basil
30th Jul 2001, 23:30
Rats! I was walking about during the gliding display and could only see the higher level part. The line-abreast loops were very pretty as was the five-in-line-abreasts by the Tillers and the Frogs.
Thanks to all who contributed to a terrific day, both those on the ground and those displaying their top rate skills in the air.
:)

PPRuNe Radar
31st Jul 2001, 00:32
Impressive as the display may have been, I don't think the topic is going to last too much longer in this Forum ;)

Flat Erik
31st Jul 2001, 02:21
Great to see some positive posts from folks who love flying on PPRUNE for a change :D :D