PDA

View Full Version : Lelystad. Holland

RAT 5
28th Jan 2003, 10:25
Lelystad, about 30kms east of AMS, has been given the green light, so I beleve, to expand from an overgrown flying club airfield into something more commercial.

1. Does anyone have more details?

2. Will MOL be interested?

It's a might closer to the main action than all his other out of city airfields.

Cyrano
28th Jan 2003, 13:39
Mightn't a 1250-metre runway be a bit on the short side? Or is a runway extension part of the expansion plan?

RAT 5
28th Jan 2003, 17:19
Cyrano,

I don't know, but that's what I'm trying to find out. I'd read that ATC scenarios had been run and cleared. Perhaps it will be limited to turbo-props, but the local area, and that surrounding, is expanding it's domestic and industrial building like crazy. Could be, perhaps, yet a few years away before anything big happens. The site would certainly make for a good Dutch NEC rather than the RAI which is in the centre of AMS, and a similar beurs in Utrecht. They could combine both in Lelystad and then justify a descent airport.

Crystal ball gazing, perhaps.

machone
28th Jan 2003, 17:30
I used to operate in regularlly in a citation jet. Believe that there will be an ILS, good facilities, ideal corporate airfield

RAT 5
5th Feb 2003, 14:24
I've just read that it is due to go operational with turbo-props in Spring 2004 and then will be extended to 2100m. That's plenty for a B737, or even bigger. So come on MOL/FR; what about it. get in quick before your'e beaten to it.