PDA

View Full Version : VFR Guide to Italy & France

Ludwig
27th Jan 2003, 09:14
Does anyone out there have any views on the most useful VFR Guides for Italy and France please? Indeed is there a VFR guide to Italy (I know there is for France!)

Equally it would be helpful if anyone had any views on which (if any) VFR guides are not worth buying :D

Thanks peeps.

bluskis
27th Jan 2003, 09:23
I personally find the SIA VFR guide very good for France. Others have been mentioned in a previous thread on this subject.

The guide is now obtainable in Pilot shops in the UK.

A web link is www.sia.dgac.fr which may be useful.

I would also be interested in any information people have on flying in Italy.

AC-DC
27th Jan 2003, 19:27
The only one I know for Italy is Bottlang. The ICAO Italian maps do not show all the airfield, only the official one, Jeppesen shows more.

Mark 1
28th Jan 2003, 13:05
I've been using Bottlang's for about 15 years, and find them very satisfactory.

For one-off trips, they will supply country sections as a single purchase without revision surface.

Its also a bit cheaper to avoid the dealers and go directly to Jeppesen GmbH in Germany.

atb1943
1st Feb 2003, 11:22
Jepp's shipping costs on individual orders can be rather high because they want to use a method that can be traced and post from Germany is pretty cr§ppy these days and not a lot cheaper than courier. A dealer may benefit from bulk orders, thus reducing the cost for the punter. You can also fly to Shoreham or Fairoaks and take a butcher's before you buy (assuming you are UK -based).

QDMQDMQDM
2nd Feb 2003, 09:22
Any views on which is better -- the VFR Guide France or Delage? The VFR Guide is cheaper.

QDM