PDA

View Full Version : Scots R/T Terminology

Lon More
26th Jan 2003, 13:03
As Scottish and Maastricht will shortly become co-ordination partners, on the request of some of our German colleagues, could someone please repost the Scottish or Glaswegian glossary of R/T phraseology

250 kts
26th Jan 2003, 16:05
I wouldn't worry as there are more Scots at Swanwick than there are at Scottish.;) ;) ;)

fish food
26th Jan 2003, 19:24
Whit for? We uise the samin RTF in oor awn leid as yese. (An nae smairt observes fae the Soothron fowk gif ye please!).

As for the Glesgae leid, gif ye dinna unnerstaund, naither dae a!

:D

Bigears
26th Jan 2003, 20:54
Stolen from elsewhere........

Acknowledge - Djaunnerstawn pal?
Affirmative - Aye atsrite
Break – Hodoan
Correction – Aw****
How do you read? - Yegoatyer lugsoan?
I say again - Wanmertime pal
Negative - Noway pal
Over – Overinnat
Out – Ahmoaf
Pass your message – Geezrapatter
Read back - Whiddajist tellye?
Roger - Okay pal
Say again - Geezrapatter again
Speak slower – Geezitininglish
Stand by – Hodoanahmbizzy
That is correct - Spotoan / Atsragemme
Verify – Yerjokin
Wilco – Naeborra
Words twice - Acannaunnerstawn, geezrapatter twiceower
Cleared to land – Getoan ragrunn
Line up and hold - Hodoan ratar
Cleared take off – Oanyer bike / Oanyer wyepal

Lon More
27th Jan 2003, 09:42
Thanks, that was what I was looking for, the only one I could remember was, "radar service terminated"= "Yer oan yer oan Pal" and "stand by" = "See you, cork it"
Now to print it and get them learning it

Justin Time
31st Jan 2003, 08:14
Actually Lon the only one that I really want to know is the translation of 'parallel' and a) do they know what it means and b) can they use it properly???:p :p :p

Bigears
31st Jan 2003, 08:25
Justin Time, Repeat after me.....Glasgow on the left and Edinburgh on the right :ok: Quits I believe!

angel_wings74
31st Jan 2003, 21:23
Lon More

Should we be offering continuation training in this at IANS????

IFTB
7th Feb 2003, 15:01
""As Scottish and Maastricht .......................on the request of some of our German colleagues...............""

Mr. Lon More,
May I ask what that has to do with your German colleagues. Unless, of course, Maastricht has a lot of Germans on their staff? :rolleyes:

imnomaverick
7th Feb 2003, 18:26
IFTB,

In answer to your question...Maastricht is a unit of Eurocontrol, this therefore has 31 Member states contributing to its running of day to day operations and the source of employee recruitment, one of those being "GERMANY". Maastricht is situated in the far south of the Netherlands. It has borders with Belgium and "GERMANY"and currently employs staff from 23 Different European countries and a couple of Non-European countries as well. ;)

So from this you can deduce that we have a lot of "GERMAN" collegues situated in the Maastricht UAC.