PDA

View Full Version : airline magazines

milad
24th Jan 2003, 17:18
Hi!

What do you recommend when it comes to flight or airline magazines. I want a magazine that is up-to-date with the current hiring prospects, airline news and anything that got to do with airlines and pilots. Any recommendations? Thanks!

M.Y

P T Flea
24th Jan 2003, 18:15
I understand flight international is a pretty good mag as far as keeping you up to date and job advertisements go. I think that most major sponsorship/pilot recruitment schemes are advertised. It is released fortnightly and is available almost everywhere. I quite like airliner world to keep on top of those kind of affairs: Who's buying who, who's buying which aircraft etc.

Hope this helps

PT

witchdoctor
28th Jan 2003, 14:57
Milad,

Flight International is probably the best bet for keeping up to date with what's current in the industry, but it covers all aspects of aerospace, not just airlines. Can be a little heavy going, but usually bang up to date as it is a weekly publication. Get a subscription and it will drop through your door on a Monday, one day before it generally hits the shops. This is where most jobs would be advertised, along with sponsorships and more flight schools than you can shake a stick at.

Most other publications are monthly affairs, and so most news is quite old by the time it is published. However, here is where you will find features on particular airlines, usually something along the lines of a typical day with airline X, and sometimes a little more info than Flight with regard to who is buying/selling/leasing/repainting what. Airliner World is quite good for the airline features as it gives more of a flavour of what the airline actually does and what it might be like to work for them. Aircraft Illustrated is similar, but has more of a slant towards the military with some good features on the fast and pointy stuff.

Get down to WHSmiths and have a good root around on the shelves and see what takes your fancy. No point buying it if you won't read it.