PDA

View Full Version : flight hours

Mascalzone78
21st Jan 2003, 22:26
Does someone know how the CAA does the control on the flight hours before issue a licence?

carbonfibre
26th Jan 2003, 22:26
OK ill try this one

Mostly on trust!! scarey !! but thats it, you do have sign offs for your individual ratings and training so that can be assumed by the CAA to be as correct as possible.

As for the hour building you could put what you like, although it would probably show to an experienced instructor. The first anyone would know and this is only a guess is when you have a problem, a crash or the like and they start an investigation. As whereever you land or should say most places , record aircraft movements

I have seen 2 pilots both claim P1 before when they fly together, which under JAA / CAA is not correct.

I would assume something like that:eek:

mattpilot
26th Jan 2003, 22:58
sure, you could log anything you want & chances are your gonna get away with it ... unless something like this happens:

There was a guy in florida doing some hour building. Almost everytime he was flying around he saw the same airplane always doing touch & go's (not based on the field though). So he figured since this plane isn't from around here no one is going to notice if he adds some flight time with that tail number. Well, when he got enough hours for his next rating, the examiner inspected the logbook. Guess who's airplane it was? It was the examiners.

Unless something like that happens to you, you should be okay. Though i wouldn't do it. I always keep the receipts as records & if the receipt isn't to clear, i ask the FBO guy to sign the logbook. I don't want some FAA guy taking my expensive hours away 'cause i can't prove them.

Sheep Guts
27th Jan 2003, 01:03
Well what happens in Australia when CASA the ruling authority do a Safety Audit on a Company. They collect the following documents and check for correlation of figures.

1. Pilot Log Book

2. Flight and Duty Times

3.Aircraft Tech log and /or Maitenance Release

If they find a discrepancy, they give you the right of reply to explain. But if it unexpalainable, and theres a trend of it. The Non-compliance is reported and has to be corrected.
It is also a Federal Offence in Australia, and most ICAO nations to tamper or miss log hours with intent.
The catch is they have to prove intent, if you have a valid argumanent and it was an oversite on your behave, you may get the benefit of the doubt.

A Log Book is your personal record, but infact is the property of the ruling authority if under investigation. So keep it straight as it is an injustice to yourself if you tamper with it.

Also prospective employers, will eventually find out your real experience level, if yuove given yourself a Biro Boost so to speak.

Regards
SHEEP