PDA

View Full Version : Fate of L1011 D-AERC

Volume
21st Jan 2003, 06:23
I´ve seen a short video sequence of a bomb test in a L1011 yesterday during the news while reporting about the shoe-bomber. First pictures showed the plane from near and the registration D-AERC, then the bomb test was shown from greater distance so I suppose it was the same plane. The whole sequence was only a few seconds long and of bad quality.

D-AERC, L1011-385-1, msn 193A-1085, leased by LTU until 1991, former Eastern N329EA, later re-registered N329EA (infos from the web)

Does anybody know more about the test ? Who performed it, when took it place ? What were the results ? Is a report aviable ? Is the test video somewhere on the web ? Why was the german registration on the plane, if it should have been re registered in 1991 ?

any hints wellcome

knobbygb
21st Jan 2003, 08:22
Sorry, don't know any more about the test, but www.airlinerlist.com (http://www.airlinerlist.com) is a great resource for finding the details of such things as dates of first flight, reg. changes etc.

For 1085, it says:

First flight 14 July 1974
Delivered to Eastern 17 October 1974
Stored at Miami and sold to MNBD 18 March 1991
Re-registered to D-AERC 17 July 1991
Into service with LTU 21 July 1991 on a 13 month lease
Retired 6 November 1992, total time/cycles 40032/19517
Stored at Mobile until at least April 1994
Re-registered to N329SN (owner NoRC)? February 1997
Broken up 1997 (ex CoB)?

I assume the testing took place just before this, but despite having so much info on everything else, it doesn't say. I'm surprised it still had the german markings having been retired for 5 years by this time.

fergineer
22nd Jan 2003, 07:52
There was an intereseting thread on one of the other sites about this. It went along the lines of that this explosion was shown reference the damage that a shoe bomb could cause if exploded, it was obviously shown to try and show a spectacular event however it was not so and footage of another explosion was shown instead, its just another of the lies that Push and Pair are using to enlist more people on their crusade to bomb the **** out of anyone they don't like. they will come unstuck I hope before it's too late.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Dengue_Dude
13th Apr 2004, 15:16
Sorry Fergi

I was just reading a bit about this subject - 'footage' about the effects of a 'shoe bomb' - now that's droll.

Take care

Brian