PDA

View Full Version : LHR Night Flights

xxzz123
16th Jan 2003, 12:02
In a recent article in the London Evening Standard concerning the ongoing expansion squabble at LHR, a reference was made to 18 night flights that take place at the airport. I presume that this refers to the early morning arrivals from the far east before 06:00, this does not account for 18 movements however. Can anyone clarify the matter. Living in the Waterloo area, where most of these a/c are applying reasonable power intercepting the g/s, I seem to get more noise than those closer to the field, and yes - although it is not an issue for me personally - it does frequently wake me up.

While on the matter, what is the planned usage for T5, the last I heard it was to more or less be another T3.

Thanx, Bill.

Bright-Ling
16th Jan 2003, 20:35
I think the 18 is the 2330-0600 quota. INBOUNDS and OUTBOUNDS!

As for appyling "a reasonable amount of power" it stops them falling out of the sky around Richmond/Twickenham.

A lot of posh houses/MP's there so power over Waterloo acceptable.

Seriously, they apply no more thrust there than anyway else on final - and at least they are higher than those closer to the field.

As for the media; Don't believe all you hear or read or see.

ATCO Two
16th Jan 2003, 23:05
Last I heard Terminal 5 was mooted as a BA only terminal - (all destinations). Anybody heard any different?