PDA

View Full Version : Anyone done the writtens with AFT?

Box the Tug
15th Jan 2003, 09:43
Hi,
Has anyone done the ATPL correspondence course with Atlantic flight training? I have looked at all the threads on groundschools and all the others schools are mentioned often, but AFT are not.
Any information would be greatly appreciated in helping me make my final choice of groundschool. At the moment Bristol GS is favourite, but AFT are only 30 minutes down the road and would make life a whole lot easier come the brush ups.

Any comments greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks :)

FlyingForFun
15th Jan 2003, 10:30
Sorry, no experience of AFT. I did research them last year, and decided not to use them - can't remember the reason, although I could probably dig out the paperwork and try to find out.

However - don't let the location of the school have a big input to your choice. The brush-up is only a couple of weeks. There is some excellent, very cheap accomodation near Bristol, which they will give you details of at the time - and I'm sure all the other schools are the same. If anything, it probably helps to get away from the inevitable distractions at home - you will be working until near midnight each night while doing the brush-up, and certainly wouldn't benefit from the family bugging you, or worrying about the housework.

Good luck!

FFF
---------------

Tubbs
15th Jan 2003, 12:19
The notes were poor when I did the course - 2000/2001

dmdrewitt
15th Jan 2003, 13:37
I am currently half way through Mod 1 at Bristol. I would highly recommend the school.

The notes are great. They come with a Multimedia CD which has all the text, and also Progress test on it. (Results are then sent via an internet connection to Alex at Bristol GS who monitors your results/progress).

As already mentioned there are 3 x A4 pages full of B&B's in Bristol starting from about £85 per week (or £15 per night). I visited Bristol last weekend and booked a great B&B a few minutes away from the Airport.

We have recently had an email indicating that in the latest CAA statistics, Bristol students are achieving better pass rates in all subjects than the rest of the UK.

Dave

GonvilleBromhead
15th Jan 2003, 13:45
I can certainly second Dave's Bristol recommendation. Do a search on here for Bristol and I guarantee you won't find many (if any actually) negative comments about BGS.

(Sorry, just noticed you have searched on here).

As FFF says, don't let location be an issue for distance learning, it's the quality of the material along with the level of support you can tap into as you study that you want to focus on. And in both respects, I really can not fault BGS.

Good luck with it all.

Airborne16
15th Jan 2003, 17:50
Bristol were great with me.

Got me the results that I wanted and the notes were first class.