PDA

View Full Version : FISO Examination

DeanCross(DCS)
13th Jan 2003, 18:52
Does anyone have any examples of the FISO examination questions.

I know the CAA used to publish some in the AICs but they dont seem to have any in there anymore.

Any help would be appreciated.

For The MET and NAV section the CAA dont publish any recommended reading, does anyone have any help with this as well.

I think I dont need to do a RT examination as I have an Air GRound Certificate of Competence - is this correct?

Thanks

Tee
14th Jan 2003, 09:17
For sample exam papers, speak to Mr D (Don?) Johnson, the Head FISO at Fairoaks on 01276 857300.

The rules and regulations can be found in CAP 410 (Parts A and B) and CAP 427 which are all available on the CAA website

Dannyboyblue
14th Jan 2003, 17:55
Hi all,

I believe i spoke to DCS earlier and yes i do have FISO written mock exams avaliable.

The cost of these exam papers are purely to cover postage, packing and food for the airport cat!!!

Three papers are avaliable which are all derived from CAP 410 parts A and B and CAP 427. Tee was correct that the only questions that you will be asked are from these three CAPS so i have written them in the style of the CAA exams i.e. changing one word will give you a completely different answer.

The cost is £9 per paper + £1 P+P but if you want a few of them like DCS then i can do quite a good deal eg 9 papers (3 of each) for £45 including P+P

I dont have any for the nav and met but the questions are quite similar to the PPL ones so a confuser from somewhere like Transair should in theory suffice, and in any case if you already have a PPL then you dont need to do the NAV and MET.

Hope this has been of some help and any problems feel free to send me an E-Mail. Good luck to all on the 23rd.

Dan Johnson

[email protected]