PDA

View Full Version : Computer Based Logbooks

Born Sinner
13th Jan 2003, 17:04
After years of having to cellotape my logbook together I've decided to go technical...

Does anyone know of any PC based software designed as an aviation logbook and where I can purchase it.

It would also useful if eventually I could use the same programme on a handheld pocket type computer.

Please be very basic in responce as despite being a commercial pilot - I'm incredibly bad with anything technical!

Cheers

Born Sinner

max_cont
14th Jan 2003, 08:59
This has been asked before, a quick search works wonders…click here (http://www.avnet.co.uk/gtaviatn/skylog/skylogp.htm) in desperation ;)

Cheers

Born Sinner
14th Jan 2003, 14:57
Max_cont,

Thanks for the reply... but not sure the sarcasm was quite called for. Perhaps you should get out a little more!

max_cont
14th Jan 2003, 15:29
Born Sinner glad to help.

The reply was posted in jest, hence the wink smiley.

Perhaps you should stay in more and learn what all these little faces mean.:)

Loony_Pilot
16th Jan 2003, 09:31
Hi,

Have a look at

www.skylog.co.uk

www.barrettsoft.com

www.e-logbooks.co.uk

I used e-logbooks until they made it a pay site, imho it doesnt provide any features which justify the price. Its better suited to the occasional private pilot who doesn fly much rather than someone who flies 20-30 times a week in summer etc

skylogpro is £60 but has lots of good features, including a student database if you're an instructor

flightlog2000pro (barrettsoft) is cheaper and adequate but doesnt have the same range of graphs/charts/tables and so on.
It does present hours and so on in a slightly nicer manner than skylog

I tried them all and though I havent bought one yet, I'll probably with Skylogpro as it seems to have all the features I require, even if it does have the damned annoying habit of logging everything as cross country unless u put the destination as "local" or "lcl". If it had a tick box to choose whether it was x-country or not it would basically be nigh on perfect for what I want.

The above are just my opinions and I'm not trying to promote any particular software company.. try them for yourself and see... they all have free demo's

Loony

Mooney
16th Jan 2003, 10:04
i recommend the Captain's Keeper log book with a Palm handheld. Very powerful logbook and prints off well!

http://www.nimblefeet.com
www.palm.com

rosewellian
13th Feb 2003, 20:36
Latest V5 skylog Pro now includes Palm OS interface, works with Palm Pilots and Sony Clie

Onan the Clumsy
14th Feb 2003, 15:56
I wrote my own in Excel and it works for me. I learned a lot about Excel at the same time too.

I tried some of the commercially available ones but they weren't exactly what I wanted.