PDA

View Full Version : Departure from BHD

NWSRG
13th Jan 2003, 12:33
Folks,

Departing BHD from 04 last week in a BE146, the pilot banked left immediately on take-off. By the time we were passing the Liverpool ferry terminal (maybe 1000m from take off point), the a/c had turned through 180 degrees, and continued to turn, levelling the wings over the start of 04, before heading over the east of the city! The take-off was impressive, but I was wondering why so tight? Is this something to do with avoiding BFS approaches? And is it a routine manouvre?

Stall Inducer
13th Jan 2003, 12:57
The 04 Left turn out is occasionally used as it doesn't require a standard noise routing of tracking 035 up to 3000ft before turning on track towards the Isle Of Man. Instead what is in effect a 270 degree left turn out can be made immedialty after takeoff to route back via the overhead. This helps with the preferential use of 22 for landing traffic and 04 for departing aircraft, especially when there is an inbound for 22 at the same time as a departing off 04. Hope this explains, gives some very spectacular views of the city on a clear day if sitting on the left hand side.

NWSRG
13th Jan 2003, 13:11
Stall Inducer,

Thanks for that...and I was sitting in a left hand seat! Never thought about the noise consideration.

carlos vandango
13th Jan 2003, 21:36
never mind preferential runways...it's good fun!!:D :D

Smokie
14th Jan 2003, 22:49
I'll second that !:D :D :D

Standard Noise
15th Jan 2003, 18:30
Me too! Me too! We just love to see how tight a turn you guys can make. It's one of the few fun things we get to do!