PDA

View Full Version : CAL interview process

RFN
16th Nov 2002, 04:50
I have an interview coming up with CAL.
I would appreciate any info on the written exam as well as the interview process.

Regards,

RFN

KingAir
22nd Nov 2002, 14:34
Hi RFN.
Sorry, can't help you with the interview but just wondering what your time is like. I'm thinking about applying but I wanted to find out first what kind of times are competitive for interviews with CAL.

Thank you much.

RFN
22nd Nov 2002, 22:04
Lots of very experienced people attending the interviews, with the most "junior" pilot with probable a min of 4000hrs on jets alone.
I have double that and then some...
Put your name in the hat, that's the only way to find if your suitable.

Bon chance.

sefabas
28th Dec 2002, 04:04
There is only a simple 20 question quiz.Have to get 60% to pass. To date no one has failed. Pretty normal every day questions.IFR related and some Theory stuff.Nothing to sweat over. Interview 6 to 7 panel board .Lasts about 30 mins. Make you feel welcome.No technical questions just on what if related and personal stuff about your career etc.etc. Good luck

luna landing
29th Dec 2002, 07:37
RFN or any of the others doing interviews - do you know where CAL are basing their new pilots, or what bases exist now?

Snot Box
29th Dec 2002, 16:35
I asked about North America basing but the interviewer only told me they are basing their crews in Taipei "for the time being". Very casual atmosphere as I find it just like sefabas said and they welcome you.

Cheers

moon11
3rd Jan 2003, 20:50
Is there any age limit for F/O position with them?

joserjetdriver
4th Jan 2003, 03:27
Any idea what pay is for an FO on the 74-400 ??

MEGAMAN
4th Jan 2003, 15:09
CAL age limits for F/O is 50 yrs, and no promise for future upgrading as Captain :(

JohnnyJet
4th Jan 2003, 17:16
joser, I interviewed in Sydney in Nov. I was told I would be interviewing for 737 Capt. As soon as I sat down they told me they need 747 cruise pilots. I just turned down an invite for the second interview, here's why. Pay$3800us per month, 15 days vac per yr, 5 days sick per yr, 22days work per month, $700 per month for rent yet you need twice that if you have a family and schools are $1000 per month with no help from CA in that depatment. 5 yr contract. They tried to dangle a command pos in 2yrs on the 747. Don't believe them.

ejacrew
5th Jan 2003, 01:35
Johnjet, you are one smart fellow! I have been working in CAL for the last 5 years and it was a good choice that you've turned them away.
The rostering here is as poor as it can be, you never know about your roster for the next month until about 2 days before the start of the following month and it changes.
I am on a national terms, the pay is US$4500 for 70hours/mo. no housing and educational allowances, per diem is us$2 per hour, that is it!!
To all of you that is interested in CAL, think twice before you take the offer! NEVER, NEVER believe on what they said.

PM me if u need more info.

by the way, I have resigned from CAL for a job with EK.:eek:

Cheers

gaga1976
5th Jan 2003, 06:12
They do not seem a serious company.
I've sent my application by mail in August last year. I had no confirmation they received it so after two-three months I've sent an e-mail asking if they received it and that I would like to know more about pay, rostering, off days, accommodation etc. I received no answer at all.
A month or two later I've got an email to come for sim/medical/interview (F/O B744). I still have a slightest idea about a conditions and what I hear here on PPRuNe looks ridiculous. 3800$ for 22 days of long - never home - range flying in Taiwan, no school allowance, 5 dys sick per year???
I'm even getting to think they have an excellent deal over there, and you guys want to go yourselves so you are pulling my leg.
Could all this be true?

JohnnyJet
5th Jan 2003, 18:44
gaga, if you know any Ansett guys, ask them. I think I was the only non Ansett pilot there. I forgot to mention as a Taipei based pilot you pay their tax. I think it was 20%

Jetnoise
6th Jan 2003, 02:40
Anyone working for CAL and enjoying it?
How is the life in taiwan, wat is positive about the company?
Can you give more informations...

Thanks

sefabas
6th Jan 2003, 07:03
Pay for F/O 744and the A340 is $4835US/month with type rating Without Rating is $3835/month

Bases are for Taipei but some are going to or are commuting from HNK or abroad.

gaga1976
7th Jan 2003, 05:22
Do they arrange-pay the tickets?
If you pass a sim/medical/interview how long does it take to be offered a job with CAL. Is it pending deliveries of new B744 or you stay there and start immediately?
What if you leave early?

Thanks

land_of_snow
9th Jan 2003, 05:44
Read this, and read it well.....

Under NO circumstances will we tolerate the issuing of threats on this board. We care not one jot about any personal agendas you may have that you feel justifies such; that behaviour is an abuse of this board, and anyone so doing will not be allowed to participate in any way, shape or form on here.

The user who posted this has been banned, and a copy of the post has been held in admin forum. Whether or not the language is couched or otherwise, we simply will not stand for this abuse of the site.

This thread is now closed.

Sick Squid
Far East Moderator, Site Admin