PDA

View Full Version : Ppl

Alltheway
8th Jan 2003, 19:13
I'm wishing to pursue my PPL and am wondering where to do it. I dont mind where, just looking at cheapest/quickest option. The plan is to then do my CPL - again destination unimportant.

Any ideas/suggestions greatly welcome.

ratsarrse
8th Jan 2003, 19:33
Probably the cheapest & quickest option is to go somewhere like Florida or South Africa and do an intensive course. A number of schools advertise their wares in Pilot/Flyer/Today's Pilot etc. I looked at one or two places in Florida, but opted to train in the UK. I reckoned that it may well turn out to be a false economy - you may well have to do a few hours with an instructor on your return to become familiar with UK r/t, weather etc.

Dakota Queen
9th Jan 2003, 17:05
Check out the threads running in this and African Aviation forum for South Africa. Its cheap, weather is good and the standard seems good (from the replies you will see this evidence).

Converting to JAR PPL when your home means sitting the exams, getting a JAR class 2 medical and doing a skills test. But you can of course fly G reg planes in the UK on the SA licence - no hassles here.

DQ