PDA

View Full Version : How to become a JAA Flight Test Examiner

pittss2b
6th Jan 2003, 21:06
What does it take to become an examiner for the JAA system including the PPL, CPL, multi, IFR, and Instructor Rating?

Adam
www.harvsair.com

Jetgate
7th Jan 2003, 06:09
Hi,

This is from scant recollections of chats I have had with my CFI/Examiner back in London.......

You don't have to be invited like in Canada.... Think it's a lot to do with you applying and then having a good few thousands of hours of experience.... However, every year you pay the CAA for the privilege!!!!!! Then ever so often you go up with a CAFU examiner to revalidate your examiner rating....

Excellent way to make extra cash as JAR loves to Renew so many of the ratings that TC let you have for life.......

I personally know so many top Airline Jocks who still do Flight tests as we use them on an ad hoc basis.

nonradio
7th Jan 2003, 12:03
Adam: For UK JAA stuff -You must satisfy the experience requirements and be logbook assessed by the CAA. You are then entitled to take the Flight Examiner course at an approved school. This gives you FE priviledges for PPL testing only. However, some FEs are more equal than others (this is the old country, you know.) You may be invited to join this set so that you can conduct CPL tests... Similarly with respect to Flight Instructor Examiner authority.
You will never get authorisation to conduct IRs as that is kept firmly inthe hands of the CAA.
Obviously you will have to hold all the relevant UK JAA licences and ratings. And yes you will have to renew everything periodically £££
Good Luck. Send me a private message if you get bogged down with the approval process..