PDA

View Full Version : Where Are The Eaac 747's

Alan Tracey
4th Jan 2003, 21:22
I'VE NOTICED THAT OVER THE LAST FEW DAYS , EUROPEAN HAVE BEEN SUB CHARTERING THEIR 747 FLTS AT LGW.......
LTU ON FRI
AIR ATLANTA ON SAT

WHERE HAVE THEIR OWN 747'S GONE?

The slug man
4th Jan 2003, 23:20
Perhaps they have been chartered to HM Forces?????

Late Autumn last year they were used for the above.

So says the slug.

Mr @ Spotty M
5th Jan 2003, 10:22
A believe report said they are going on lease to Saudia, to cover Hadj.
I believe they are to be used on shedule routes, to replace a/c on Hadj, that Saudia are using.

stevobeevo
5th Jan 2003, 19:08
Two of the 747s left BOH saturday 4th Jan painted in full Saudi colour scheme for Beirut. They are to be used on the hadj flights for the next 12 weeks. ;)

AlanM
5th Jan 2003, 20:08
Repainted eh....?

Does that mean that they might come back NOT showing the old BA livery on parts (like when the rudder is fully deflected!!!!!)

Look at the tail! (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/217340/L/) or Here (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/220795/L/)

Good to keep them flying though.

mutt
6th Jan 2003, 04:03
Why Beirut?

As of today G-BDXG/E will start operating between Saudi and the Indian subcontinent.

I sincerely hope that they havent gone into the normal saudia hajj scheme of a white aircraft with a green tail, EAAC's own colours were quite striking.

Mutt.

Departures Beckham
6th Jan 2003, 22:28
We had one of the EAAC 74's divert into STN on Sunday morning. I don't have much info on it, apart from it diverted to us due low fuel (well probably not enough to hold at LHR or LGW for an extended period of time) and had flown in from Barbados.

We also had an Excel Airways divert to us that morning (inbound from Athens), I don't have any details on it but presumably for them both to come to STN there must have been a temporary runway closure at EGLL or EGKK.

I think both aircraft were still on the airfield when I left at 21:00.

QNH1013
7th Jan 2003, 06:13
One of their aircraft (the yellow one, forgot the reg) is here in Malaysia with Air Asia operating both Air Asia heavy load routes and for the Hadj.

Departures Beckham
7th Jan 2003, 09:05
I didn't realise they are coloured differently. In that case, the one at STN on sunday had a green stripe.

Captain Stable
7th Jan 2003, 14:19
It was on the cargo apron @ STN as of yesterday, I saw it being deiced and has now departed.