PDA

View Full Version : JAA FI instructor regulations for Canada move

Tonker Towns
2nd Jan 2003, 23:38
Dear all.
I'm sorry if this subject has been covered recently, but i could do with some help.

I currently am a JAA instructor in the UK who has applied to teach JAA flight training in Canada,when or if the relevant school gets permission to do so, and if they decide i'm for them.

Today i drove 200 miles to our CAA building in Gatwick and to be fair although we give them stick they we're great,burning me a CARS cd so i could find out info on a Canada conversion.

If anyone has any information of any sought to add to what i've read in CARS an email would be most helpful(ie do i have to fly the Canadian CPL flight test, obvious maybe!)

I have read i have to do the entire PPL instructor course which initially was a bit alarming after 500 hrs of instructing but i'm sure i'll be all the better for it.

Thanks for any help in advance, i'm just trying to get ahead of the game.

Hope alls well in Canada,regards Chris Townsend

[email protected]

gearupgone
5th Jan 2003, 04:52
The CARS spell it out. You will first need a commercial/ATPL licence - again spelled out in the CARS. Just be warned - Canada has no Bi-Lateral agreements, so credit for past experience towards reducing the hours required towards the instructors may not necessarily be awarded.

If you have the requirements for ATPL, you go straight to ATPL (ie don't need a commercial first) and then you get 50% credit towards the time required for the instructors.

I had a S African instructors - the syllabus is quite different, and the standard it MUCH higher! With an ATPL, I still won't complete the instructors in the min time allowed.

Hope this helps

Jetgate
8th Jan 2003, 07:51
Hey Chris,

I have been in a similar position to you..........

Drop me a line, might be able to help as I am in Canada at the moment and will be returning to London in a week.

DJ.

P.S.
I noticed that you are from MK.... Work in EGTC by any chance??? Know it well!!!!

Tonker Towns
10th Jan 2003, 10:09
Jetgate can you leave your email.
I used to work at Cranfield but know work in Kemble.

Regards Chris

Jetgate
12th Jan 2003, 03:31
Sorry buddy...having too much fun in Vancouver!!!!!

You can contact me on

[email protected]

Look forward to hearing from you.