PDA

View Full Version : Kings School videos

Barry Coomer
31st Dec 2002, 15:00
Has anybody had any experience of Kings video's at all ?? The PPL ones look good, but maybe overpriced ??

I am going to go to Florida to learn to fly (!!) and hope these might prove relevant

Any advise ??

Airborne16
31st Dec 2002, 17:59
I personally think that they are great for comedy value.
The ones that I saw a while back looked pretty outdated and I spent the whole time laughing at the old woman who is on most of them.

Saying that, the content is good but I would prefer to read a book!!!

EnglishmaninNY
31st Dec 2002, 19:03
Hi Barry

INMHO, the King PPL videos, although comical, are excellent. I used them for my PPL, and I found the video explanations a great help. :cool:

Keef
1st Jan 2003, 17:04
Good on content, "Janet & John" (or "Dick & Jane" if you're American).

Avoid the IR checkride ones - waste of money. The rest are OK if you can keep a straight face.

I found the Gleim books infinitely preferable, easier to use, and way cheaper.

Cusco
1st Jan 2003, 23:10
I used the *IFR with Confidence* video just before going to Florida for FAA/IR earlier this year and found it an extremely valuable run-in to their wx briefing ,IR procedures and other stuff which differs significantly from UK.

[Also highly recommend asa books, and FAA test papers, but get the up-to-date book and 2003 AIM/FAR book, before you go. I got mine from Amazon when Transair couldn't come up with the goods in time.]

Sure Martha is a bit of a joke, but beyond the syrup there's tons of common sense.

Light years ahead of the UK 'Into IMC' which was a bit like watching the woodentops.

If you're training in US, makes eminent good sense to get the US videos and worry about UK differences later.

BVut most of all enjoy the Florida experience.

Safe flying

long final
2nd Jan 2003, 10:43
Barry,

I used the cd rom, as everyone else says very american, but I managed to study the PPL and CPL writtens (and 90's passes) in under 4 days.

I got a set of the videos with the kit, not used them though. If you want them, send me a email.

Cheers,
LF