PDA

View Full Version : Why did they build runway 27L/09R at CDG?

Titus Adduxas
30th Dec 2002, 17:44
I've been going to Paris CDG for 15 months now and have landed on 27R just the once - I believe they were building the linkways at the time.

On Saturday we had a 30 minute delay for our start followed by a 15 minute delay at the holding point. This morning a 15 minute delay to the start and a 40 minute delay at the holding point.

All these delays are due to Runway 27R/09L being closed. As a result one aircraft lands and then one takes off on one runway whilst the other one remains unused. This is incredibly inefficient and makes me wonder why they bothered building the other runway in the first place if they have no intention of using it.

:rolleyes:

CheekyVisual
30th Dec 2002, 18:50
I fly in and out of CDG all the time and have often asked the same question especially when we are subjected to lengthy congestion delays.

What I have been told, and I have no other evidence that this is correct, is that the French Authorities will not allow CDG to set up a Close Parallel Runway Operation on the 09/27s until it is fully proved on the 08/26s. Apparently they are still suffering runway incursions on the south runways. Until these reach an acceptable, if there can be such a thing, level they will not allow the simultaneous use of the northern runways.

Sean Dell
2nd Jan 2003, 08:52
And woe betide anyone who goes there during LVP's ! Particularly when trying to leave. Just take plenty of fuel and make sure that you obstruct the taxy routes out so that 'you know who' can't get ahead of you!

RadarContact
3rd Jan 2003, 11:15
So that they could print "ours is bigger than yours" on it...