PDA

View Full Version : NATS ATC interview

Jo Strain
26th Dec 2002, 17:02
Does anyone know questions that are asked in a NATS ATC interview, as I am sitting interview in a couple of weeks?

Partly Achieved
26th Dec 2002, 17:47
Hi Jo,

Do a search on this forum - you'll find a lot of previous very good advice on the NATS interviews.

My advice -

- Arrange a pre-intervierw visit to a unit and make the most of it, ask lots of questions and take what you learn to the interview.

- Know your aircraft types - it will convey your general interest in aviation.

- Be decisive - You'll be given "air traffic" problem senarios - They're no looking for a text book answer (that's why you have to go to ATC school :) ) - but come up with a common sense answer and don't change your mind just becasue the interviewer wants you to! :)

- Have an idea what else is going on in NATS and the industry.

Good luck, and don't be put off by what you might read on this forum - it's a cracking job!

PA

BobAgg
28th Dec 2002, 12:42
Hiya Jo,

I'd agree with everything PA said, especially on the ATC Scenario! The way I was told to play it was make up your mind what you would do, do it, and when the Interviewer presents another way to do it, agree with it, but stick to your guns!
It shows that your open to other ideas etc etc.

Also, on the Computer tests, I know a lot of people who have thought they have crashed and burned (me included!) on them! They drag on a bit, so just ' keep the heid!'

If u want any other info. get in touch!

Good Luck!

Gary

Jo Strain
30th Dec 2002, 15:44
Thanks,
It is nice to get a bit of encouragement as regards what to do, to try to get into ATC.

I went yesterday, to Derry Airport. Although it is VERY small I felt haven spoken to the ATController, I gained some interesting information, that could help in interview.

He works part time there and said he has truly enjoyed his job - not many other occupations could say the same!!.

Jo