PDA

View Full Version : JAR-FCL Question

kwaiyai
26th Dec 2002, 15:14
Dear pprune instructors,
I have been asked by a swiss licence holder if I can undertake his SEP(Land) revalidation. The Swiss Authorities say yes as long as I have A JAR-FCL number. Iam UK FI/A and CRE but at the moment have UK ATPL. Any advice gratefully recieved, wish you all merry Xmas and good new year.
Regards.:confused:

BEagle
26th Dec 2002, 17:54
By now you must have revalidated your FI(A) rating under JAR/FCL requirements, including completion of the 'declaration of knowledge' form.

As a CRE you are entitled to conduct Class Rating renewals/revalidations within your CRE authorisation.

So, in my opinion, if your licence is current, your own SEP Class rating and FI(A) rating are valid and your CRE authorisation is valid and includes SEP examining approval, I would say that you are appropriately qualified.

Your CRE 'number' is probably what the Swiss mean by a 'JAR/FCL number'.

twizzle
26th Dec 2002, 18:22
I agree with Beagle.

Have a look at AIC 55/1998 (White 313) 19 May.

kwaiyai
27th Dec 2002, 11:15
Thanks BEagle, Much appreciated.
Thanks also Twizzle, I'll check out the AIC.
Hope you all have a good Nyear.
Cheers.:)

StrateandLevel
29th Dec 2002, 13:21
There is no reason why you should not revalidate his rating, that is what JAA is all about. However, it does pose one question: which form do you use; and who do you send it to? In theory we should all have the same form, but we don't! When you send the UK form to the Swiss CAA will they recognise it?

An interesting point is that the Swiss don't accept UK National licences, only JAR-FCL Licences and ICAO licences issued by non JAA States.

Which licence does your candidate hold? A JAR-FCL or a Swiss National Licence, whilst in theory you could revalidate either, it could be a one way deal!

BEagle
29th Dec 2002, 16:42
It's the Applicant who has to worry about where to send the form, not the Examiner. In the UK (after 1 Jan 03), the Applicant fills out the SRG\1119, the Examiner checks it and completes Section 4 (Examiner's Certificate) - it's then up to the Applicant to make sure that the completed form is sent off to the CAA and/or Swiss equivalent. But it's the Examiner who signs the Rating revalidation page in the Applicant's licence - and who also has to complete the SRG\1157 'Examiner's Record' for the flight and then to keep it for 3 years.

I'm sure that we'll soon get used to the new forms - but surely it would have been possible to make the SRG\1119 a one page document?

If you haven't seen the new forms yet, go to the CAA PLD website and look under 'Flight Crew Licensing' for 'Forms'. They're in .pdf format.

kwaiyai
30th Dec 2002, 11:41
Hi again,
the candidate has a Swiss National Licence, The word from the Authorities is Yes I can. They have sent him there own version of the form for me to fill out in due course. I guess the way to look at it is in the UK there are still many UK national licences with Jar FCL ratings in as well as JAR PPL holders same as in Switzerland. I'll let you know the outcome.
Thanks again for your replies.