PDA

View Full Version : Help required !! the xmas gift from hell

4T winks
25th Dec 2002, 15:17
Must appologise for any opps' very new pruner, just had the xmas gift from hell. sorry chap, company in trouble, no job...!! :( not too much of a train smash been waiting for it to happen for a while, but now have to look for something a bit more stable back in Europe. havn't had to fill in an appliction form for years, so need some help.... questions of "what make a great XXX pliot..." some how, dont think "Me!!!" will work, got around 4000 hrs or so of twin turbine multicrew and UK ATP perf A. FAA ATP and a couple of others....good sense of humour and money saved up to move anywhere.... anyone who can give me some pointers will be appreciated.... have a good few web sites and already sent off a few CV's to places I know are hiring, but alas no joy. maybe doing something wrong....

Gin Slinger
25th Dec 2002, 18:10
hi 4T winks - too pished to understand, but wish u best of luck.

scroggs
26th Dec 2002, 08:29
Hmm, 4T, not sure if that was in English or not! However, as you don't fit the profile for Wannabes (as far as I can tell), I'm moving this post to Aircrew Notices.

Scroggs
Virgin/Wannabes Moderator
[email protected]

Clogmaster
26th Dec 2002, 14:52
4T winks... you the eater of many JAM DOUGHNUTS by any chance?

ttfn
CM

Tonic Please
26th Dec 2002, 19:22
Clog...I do not understand your post either..should I? :D And about the poster. Would it be sensible to have it re-written? I am sure many people would like to offer advice, but cannot due to a complete mis-understanding.

Smooth skies,

Dan :cool:

Gin Slinger
27th Dec 2002, 00:18
TP (Dan), was I sat next to you at the Gatbash dinner?

4T winks
27th Dec 2002, 04:41
Looks like I had a brain fart when i wrote that one. I am looking for help with what to say on application forms when they ask " why should we employ you " or "What makes a great easyjet pilot ?", I Can fly just about anything with wings, but struggle to get my head around forms and express experience etc in a way that others apart from myself understand.
Appologies for the lack of english in the last one. hence my dilema !

Anthony Carn
27th Dec 2002, 08:39
Can't advise specifically regarding Easy, but.........

You could tell them that CAP 371 (Flight Time Limitations - UK) is very realistic, that you'd gladly work them right up to the limit, and exercise "discretion" to go beyond them without hesitation.

You could tell them that you don't need food in order to function safely.

You could tell them that decent sleep is completely unnecessary.

You could tell them that you are willing to be relocated anywhere they so choose, at zero notice, as many times as they decree, without financial assistance or compensation.

You could tell them that you are willing to pay back all training costs should you decide to leave their employ -- which you won't do anyway because you will be totally loyal to them for the entirety of your "career".

That covers the preferred minimum "qualifications" then.

Oh, and you need a bit of paper called a license, which allows you to park your bum in a cockpit seat. Experience optional (the Captain carries the can anyway).

Hope that helps. ;)

Jelly Doughnut
27th Dec 2002, 08:47
I think 4T winks can cope with all that you've mentioned Anthony... knowing his present/about to become previous employer :D :D :D

PPRuNe Pop
27th Dec 2002, 12:07
With respect to Scroggs I am moving it to QUESTIONS where I am sure there will much help available.

Happy New Year