PDA

View Full Version : ATC Application

AP
24th Dec 2002, 21:04
Just sent of my ATC form last week and got a postcard back saying we have received your form and will be in touch soon. Is this common practice? Does anyone know how long i now have to wait till i hear from them?

Thanks

cb9002
26th Dec 2002, 00:03
Couple of months for me. Applied in March, first assessment in June, second in September with about a months notice for each asessment. NATS recruitment have been very friendly and helpful to me, but S...L...O...W...

I don't know how this compares to other people.

Departures Beckham
26th Dec 2002, 00:20
I sent off my application in mid-October and it took about a week for the postcard to arrive. It took about three/four weeks to receive a letter advising of first interview/testing day, which was in a further two months.

Good luck!

foghorn
26th Dec 2002, 08:47
Applied in September, postcard came back a couple of weeks later, acceptance came through late November for a mid-Jan interview, can't make the interview, o alternative offered yet.

good luck!
foggy.

WX Man
28th Dec 2002, 09:39
CB9002... Eurocontrol's is a bit faster.

I applied to NATS in October (2001), and got Aptitude Testing just before Christmas.

I applied to Eurocontrol in November, got Aptitude Testing at the beginning of December, Interview in mid January and offered a start date of March (2002). It was only after that that I heard back from NATS re. their tests! I was offered an interview, but unforunately couldn't attend as I was in Luxembourg at the time...

cb9002
29th Dec 2002, 12:04
Hey WX, nice! Do you speak anything except English? I thought speaking nothing but English in Brussels didn't appeal too much.

WX Man
29th Dec 2002, 20:33
Well that's perfect, because you'd never have to work in Brussels. Try Maastricht! Oh, and Luxembourg for 8-9 months too.

I can speak a bit of Dutch, mainly because I used to go out with a Dutch girl (before I even applied to Eurocontrol). I learnt Dutch because I wanted to impress her... didn't bloody work though. To hell with it, that's in the past now. I speak a bit of French (which came in jolly handy sometimes in Luxembourg). German will alse be slightly useful in Luxembourg.

In Maastricht, everyone speaks English. But sooner or later everyone learns Dutch.

Scott Voigt
30th Dec 2002, 04:38
WxMan;

Well almost everyone speaks English in Maastricht <G>... I know of one bus driver that doesn't... Took me a few kilometers before I figured that I was going the wrong way <G>.....

regards

Dances with Boffins
31st Dec 2002, 10:00
I had the same problem trying to make myself understood last time I was in Fort-Worth. Maybe I should have tried Dutch there. Happy New Year y'all. :D :D

Scott Voigt
1st Jan 2003, 01:59
You probably needed either spanish or eubonics <G>...

Happy New Year