PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways Recruitment process ?

papyjo
24th Dec 2002, 00:29
Does anybody know something about recruitments in Qatar Airways ?

Ex Air Liberté F/O (F28, MD80), I have just finished an A320 transition course and although I have no experience on the 320, I have a JAA full ATPL (french) with 2500 hrs, of which 2100 hrs are jet time.

Do you guys think I might be of an interest to them ?

Is the lack of experience on the 320 truly spoiling my chances to land a job with them ?

Many thanks in advances for all your answers, merry christmas, happy new year and all the best to you all for the year 2003.

Tibesti 3415
24th Dec 2002, 05:18
With whom did you do your QT with?

727Man
24th Dec 2002, 07:39
Bin there done that for two years but it is up to you. My experience was they will stab you in the back if they have the opportunity. once you have been there for six months you have done everything that there is to do in Doha go to Dubai(fantastic)
war looming and american base right across the runway from the airport ooh a bit risky??!! everything looks good on paper! you will have to pay for accomadation out of your pocket even though they give you a housing allowance but not enough. good luck!

Amelia
24th Dec 2002, 09:20
I don't know anything about flight crew recruitment except you need at least 500 hours on the A320. Those who don't meet QRs requirements won't be accepted, which is quite understandable because of the heavy amount of applications they receive frequently.

http://www.qatarairways.com/AboutUs/deckcrew.htm

papyjo
24th Dec 2002, 12:18
Hi everybody and many thanks for your answers,

Tibesti 3415, I did the type rating course with an english guy, it took place at the manufacturer's facilities in TLS(Blagnac).

727 Man, were you there at the time they were operating the B727 or more recently ? And if I can ask what made you leave ?

Amelia, concerning the minimum requirements I have asked because I know an Ex Star Airlines(french charter operator) guy
who made it with less than 500 hrs on type and less than 1000 hrs total and this, appearently without any help from inside.

Although they might receive a huge amount of applications, it also seems to be a significant amount of turn-over out there.

As a result it could be possible, that they run a non stop recruitment program, so that they can also cope with their growth, as they have made several firm orders on A380, A330 and A319/320/321. What do you think ?

You guys might get fed up with my questions about them, but I truly look at them with the view to a career, so if you guys have more info just post it.

Again many thanks, merry christmas and a happy new year to you all.

Amelia
24th Dec 2002, 14:21
Actually I don't know that much about flight crew recruitment. I only work with QR as cabin crew.

The turn over is caused by the load of work we have. But the flight crew have better rosters than the cabin crew, but this is not the issue here.

All I know about the fleet expand is that QR will receive further five A330s, 11 A320s (which will replace the current A320s leased from SALE (Singapore Aircraft Leasing Enterprise)) and two A380s. The problem will probably be finding qualified A320 captains, not first officers. If they do decide to educate pilots in a recruitment program, it will probably be firstly intended to GCC nationals.

But this friend of yours had experience of flying the A320. It's better than nothing. Those who have experience from A320 stand a better chance than those who haven't.

But as I said, this is my pure guess. I'm just cabin crew, nothing else and I shouldn't speak about this either.

PM me if you wish to speak more privately.

Hong Kong Layover
19th Jan 2003, 12:00
Do yourself a favour,forget Qatar airways.

you will be better off driving a taxi in your home town, than flying the air bus for qatar airways

Afterr all you wouldnt fancy a man behind your cockpit seat for every take off ,landing,and during cruise breathing down your neck,would you? that is the "sick" QR CEO.