PDA

View Full Version : EU AIrways

Curious Pax
19th Dec 2002, 13:43
Does anyone have any information on EU Airways (flight code EUY)? They are listed on the Dutch slot coordination website http://www.slotcoordination.nl as requiring 1424 slots, which I believe equates to 4 flights a day for Summer 2003 at Amsterdam. Rumour control has this down to be 4 flights a day from/to Manchester with Boeing 717s - anyone know more? In the current climate I imagine this is yet another proposed lo cost start up, but presumably they have got well on the way towards actually commecning operations if they have been granted slots.

Curious Pax
24th Dec 2002, 10:22
I guess not then! Happy Christmas!!!

Curious Pax
3rd Jan 2003, 08:20
Me again - slot allocations for Summer 2003 for EU Airways list destinations as AMS/ARN/BCN/BRU/CDG/CPH/FRA/MAD/MXP/VIE. I haven't seen the timings, but a flight a day to each of these would require 4 717s as a minimum I would think. However if no one on here has seen anything of this outfit by now I would guess that it won't graduate from being a paper airline this year. Anyone know any different?:confused:

Ringwayman
3rd Jan 2003, 09:04
A search for EU Airways shows that this is the trading name of EU-Jetops Ltd of Dublin and they became a licensed air carrier effective 16th August 2002.

Azrael
23rd Jan 2003, 23:01
EU-Jetops is the new version of the defunct Wet-lease operator Transaer/Translift .They plan to start ops sometime in Feb/Mar with 4 A321's. It seems that the same friendly faces from TLA will be involved again.The website is still under construction.:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: