PDA

View Full Version : Flightline MD80's?

IronChicken
16th Dec 2002, 15:22
Can anyone substantiate the rumour that Flightline in Southend have three MD80's on order? What could they be up to?

Call Established
16th Dec 2002, 15:39
Can't confirm it, but I did hear they were evaluating MD82's I think it was two when I heard approx 2 months ago. I presume from your posting they did the correct evaluation and have gone ahead and ordered !

Regards to all !

london-flyer
16th Dec 2002, 17:54
according to their sister company, they already have them check out

www.britishairlinemanagement.co.uk

plenty of pics of them anyway

rupetime
17th Dec 2002, 08:36
Plenty of plain aircraft with a [cr4p] livery super-imposed onto them.....dont hold your breath on this one.

Ivan Taclue
17th Dec 2002, 15:07
Probably belong to the fleet of B737's, B757s and Avro RJs they will never operate! Plans never materialise..

Evans Airways, here we come! (Princess Air Part deux!)

As for BAM: File under Trash . No wonder, with offices in
Viscount House, SEN...........

:D ;)

jamesstuartco
17th Dec 2002, 15:20
Could be for a new outfit - PlanetAir - LBA based from next July using Flightlines AOC and MD80(s)

Call Established
17th Dec 2002, 18:13
I hate to be negative but I hope you will proved right on this one. Im sure it will come good and Flightline MD's will appear.

As for BAM they are really nothing to do with Flightline I understand and nor will they have much to do with operating MD82's as BAM mainly provide crews/training etc... and are not an airline.

Cheers

PENNINE BOY
18th Dec 2002, 00:05
Yep rumour control in abz md80s yo be based at Leeds on a 3 year deal for IT work.

Good for Leeds !!!!!:rolleyes:

rupetime
18th Dec 2002, 09:33
IT work out of Leeds - sounds like a winner - lets hope it
lasts three years - these are the ex Transjet machines !

boredcounter
18th Dec 2002, 21:51
Sorry guys.
Have I missed something. Flightline operate, and lease 146's.
Have done for years. I think back 14 years or so to when I last worked freelance for them, and that was with their Bandit. Yes I have woked for GE and am not pro him, but 146 out on lease to baltic (I believe) 146 flying for BA (BHX) the other day. Have they found yet another niche? Can AT find cheap MD's. Yep, I would not put it past him

Edit sticky keybooard, no comments

Knold
23rd Dec 2002, 00:39
If they're ex Transjet than they're MD83's. Hope it's true.
Any word on reqruitment?