PDA

View Full Version : Who is chipjockey?

Whirlybird
15th Dec 2002, 20:22
Apparently started posting two days ago, nine posts since then, all very critical or appearing to be trying to wind people up - whether it's older people learning to fly, those who are enthusiastic about the IMC, or those who like the AOPA mag. Appears to have never made a positive comment on PPRuNe yet. Claims to have soloed in 5 hours and have 1800 flying hours, but whatever he/she learned in those hours, it certainly wasn't humility, tact, or how to be popular. But I doubt if he/she cares about that anyway.

So who is chipjockey? Windup merchant, or.... You tell me.

Or maybe he/she should simply be ignored, so that this forum can continue being the friendly place for fruitful aviation discussion which it usually is.

Keef
15th Dec 2002, 20:27
I think the alias says a lot about the person.

Time will tell...

Flyin'Dutch'
15th Dec 2002, 20:28
Dont let him spoil your day.

I think from reading his postings that his main aim is to wind folk up.

By not raising to the baite the 'fun' in that will soon abate.

Ciao

FD

maggioneato
15th Dec 2002, 21:02
Whoever he is, his spelling is atrocious. :D

Wrong Stuff
15th Dec 2002, 22:06
Undoubtedly a troll, although not a particularly sophisticated one. Annoying for the moment, but they usually get bored quite quickly. Even Ronchonner got bored in the end and he/she was far more persistent than most.

Evo
16th Dec 2002, 07:28
I almost miss Ronchonner - chipjockey isn't in the same league... :)

Whirlybird
16th Dec 2002, 08:42
I just realised something interesting...

chipjockey claims to be poor: "I don't want to boast about my earnings...but if you were as disadvantaged as me in these areas..." (Yearly Spend thread)

He runs down older pilots: "When you are over 50 you get a letter from Saga and are going downhill towards senility and worm food". He then says over-50s who already have licences should be restricted and tested every year. (Flying over 50 thread)

But he claims to be a good pilot with lots of hours and types; "...1800 hours...types from Tiger Moth to Cessna 310 and R22". (First solo thread)

Now, put all that together...

None of those types are cheap, to either buy or hire; more than 50 hours a year starts costing a lot of money if you're hiring, and if you own one of those...well, might as well burn £20 notes. 1800 hours at 50 hrs/year takes 36 years; if he started flying at age 16, that makes him 52.

Therefore chipjockey is either quite well-off, or over 50, or doesn't have the hours and types he claims.

chipjockey, you're a bloody fraud!!!!! :mad: :D

2Donkeys
16th Dec 2002, 09:08
What more could a troll want? :rolleyes: You make his job too easy.

Hairyplane
16th Dec 2002, 10:24
Hi Whirly,

I thought my post might have drawn him out.

I think that there is a good chance that his aircraft are actually powered by rubber bands.

I think your 'put up or shut up' post has the latter effect.

I must admit that his post did make me chuckle - he clearly got rubbed by your success. I actually thought your post was a good one because it responded to my earlier 'under-utilised/ power boat analogy' et voila - you lucky sxd came up with not one but 2 power boats! (not sure I share your obvious enthusiasm for the R22 though...)

Like so many successful people, you make your own luck in this life. Who dares wins.

More good luck to you.

I hope you manage to flush out CJ for a further 'battering' !!!!

HP

skydriller
16th Dec 2002, 11:15
So glad Im not the only one that noticed, a definite fake.....

Whirly, dont let the guy get to you, he just wants to wind people up. With any luck he will get bored and go elsewhere, I sort of hoped that this forum (unlike some of the others) was devoid of such irritants:rolleyes:

Regards SD..

Whirlybird
16th Dec 2002, 11:34
Thanks for your concern people, but the guy's not really getting to me. I'd rather Private Flying was free of people like this, it's true - but actually I was bored, and rather in the mood for a fight. CJ, where are you; come out and do battle. This is all too easy. :D

feet dry
16th Dec 2002, 12:26
Whoever Chip Jockey is, he does seem to be a rather angry young chap. I would ask him to continue posting.....he will find the process of sporadic irrational outburst therapy hugely cathartic, ultimately purging his desire to further spout his incoherent ramblings.

Select Zone Five
16th Dec 2002, 12:42
A little tip for 'blowing off steam' if chipjockey reappears.

I recently helped a friend clear out his, rather large, shed. It contained a wide range of heavy junk. We drove most of it down to the local tip and found tremendous relief from the exceptionally loud noise created by throwing it against the inside of the skips.

Childish behaviour, I know, but highly recommended as stress relief therapy. :D

Who has control?
16th Dec 2002, 14:03
SZ5 - going to the bottle bank & hurling the empties in has the same effect. And you get to enjoy emptying the empties first! Cheers!!

rustle
16th Dec 2002, 14:12
WHC,

And you get to enjoy emptying the empties first
I find it more enjoyable emptying the full ones :D

chipjockey
16th Dec 2002, 17:23
Don't feel like being flushed... either 'out' or 'down the pan'... so will not rise to the bait.

Just to put the record right Whirly my post on the AOPA mag was very firmly positive even if it was written rather tortously. the criticism was directed not at the AOPA magazine but at the commercial attempts at monthly aviation enlightenment.

Quite interested in the inconsistencies this forum generates. Freedom of speech but not for some. Irrational arguments are OK but only sometimes. Personal criticism is OK ut only when directed at certain people.

I find the rules of engagement of debates such as this to be of huge social interest.

Of course I am stupid and childish.

Of course I am a piece of s**t to be disposed of in a skip.

Of course I am a fraud.

Of course I am not a fraud just someone with a mental age immeasurable by all but the most powerful electron microscope.

I might be someone you know.

But I know I am not worth a thread dealing with my existence.

Where I feel there is a debate to be had and a viewpoint under explored I will contribute further. But for now I am almost as bored as you are.

Hairyplane
16th Dec 2002, 17:35
So how much do you spend chippie?

What do you fly or own?

Kiss and make up with Whirly and he might just let you empty some full bottles in one of his Gin Palaces?

HP

Fly Stimulator
16th Dec 2002, 18:36
Hairyplane,

Don't give the game away, or the BWPA will ask Whirly for their prize back! ;)

Chuck Ellsworth
16th Dec 2002, 22:01
Chipjockey:

Most people post here to help others, to help others the content of yur post must be factual.

Your posts can only fit into the idiot catagory, and you need help that cannot be found on this thread.

Cat Driver:

Whirlybird
17th Dec 2002, 08:55
chippie,

You've had freedom of speech on here. The moderator can delete posts in extreme circumstances, and it's happened, but none of yours have been deleted. There are very few rules either, for you or anyone else.

However, you take the consequences of what you post. Some of the consequences in your case are that people don't like you apparently trying to wind them up on what are quite serious and intersting threads. Another consequence was that Whirly, working from home and feeling bored, decided to point out the apparent inconsistencies in what you'd been saying, with respect to age, hours, money, experience etc. Not particularly kind I know, and maybe you're not worth it - but hey, it was an idle whim, did no real harm, and I'm not perfect either.

If you try to look at things objectively, you'll realise why all this happened. If you don't like it, you are entirely free to change the way you post. Most of us, on this forum anyway, are a friendly bunch; we forget quickly, and we don't bear grudges. You don't have to do that; you don't HAVE to do anything. But you can. It's your choice.

Genghis the Engineer
17th Dec 2002, 09:43
Is this an appropriate place to point out that Whirly's next post will be her thousandth.

This probably comes to more volume than her book, articles, etc. etc. - if you'd been paid for any of that you could probably retire by now!

G

Whirlybird
17th Dec 2002, 10:55
Genghis,

Highly unlikely; I'd just have spent it all on flying.

Now is that a noteworthy 1000th post?

Genghis the Engineer
17th Dec 2002, 11:52
Well, it shows either staying power, or that you should get out and do more flying. Actually, it probably indicates that you live in Wales and the weather doesn't let you get out and do more flying.

G

Who has control?
17th Dec 2002, 11:53
Either my computator is lying or my glasses are very smudgy, but Whirly's last two posts are both number 1000.

The odds on that happening must be 1000s to 1 :)

pilotwolf
17th Dec 2002, 13:26
Who Has Control....

The number of posts will be the same in all of Whirly's or for that matter anyones as the system shows TOTALS posts.

So after her next reply they will all show 1001.

....Think that makes sense!

formationfoto
17th Dec 2002, 15:46
Surely a medal at least - Whirly you really should be writing more for magazines etc. Contributions to this forum are worthwhile and now potentially reach numbers as large as all of the monthly magazines added together (assuming all members read each forum - which may be a slightly false assumption!) but contributions in hard copy still worthwhile.

essouira
17th Dec 2002, 20:05
I don't manage to check the site every night but may I just say how brill it is that "chip-whatever" sems to have disappeared from whence he came ? The whole debate seems become much more fun !

Genghis the Engineer
17th Dec 2002, 23:54
There's an idea -1000 post, 2000 post, etc. long service medals.

G

Whirlybird
18th Dec 2002, 07:53
And you only need another 23 posts yourself Genghis...

Monocock
18th Dec 2002, 21:41
Chip Jockey is exactly that, some one with a Chip who closely resembles a Cowboy.

Do not let him get to you, i'd be surprised if he re-appears.

Or is this my attempt to coax him out of the woodwork? Probably....................

Come on chipjockey,..................make my day.

Whirlybird
19th Dec 2002, 09:15
If I were chipjockey, I'd have realised by now that what I was doing wasn't working. I might well have left PPRuNe, and gone to get some misguided fun elsewhere.

Or I might have decided that maybe I should lurk for a bit, see what I could learn, see how it all worked, see what the unwritten rules were (if there were any), then registered another name and started afresh.

OK chippie, you got all that? ;)