PDA

View Full Version : Which FI course?

Mile_Hi
13th Dec 2002, 14:41
In a dilema. Your views would be appreciated as to which FI course I should go for. The choices are .....Cranfield Aero Club's with David Coulson or Southend Flying Club's with a Nick/Dick Fox. They both sound like good courses and am looking forward to starting. Decisions decisions ... used to be indecisive but now I just don't know!

commercialdan
13th Dec 2002, 15:09
I did my CPL last year with Dick Fox at Andrewsfield. He is a very good instructor, but takes a little getting used to. Has a very dry sense of humour and sometimes difficult to work out if he's having a pop at you or a joke! I enjoyed doing my CPL with him and would recommend him. Southend is also a very good training base too. :)

Dennisb
13th Dec 2002, 15:16
I heard, but not sure, that in Spain some Schools are offering the FI course with job for foreing students in order to start with foreing people. I do not know, but perhaps Airmed, Adventia or AeroMadrid are offering that.

Check internet:

www.airmed.es
www.aeromadrid.com
www.adventia.org

and let us known !

Dennisb.

Loony_Pilot
13th Dec 2002, 15:23
Hi,

Andrewsfield and Stapleford(where I did my FI Rating) both run very good courses...
I dont know anything about Southends course .

I've sent you a PM

LP

eagerbeaver
13th Dec 2002, 16:14
i suggest going to old sarum (salisbury), with david scouller, ex ETPS and so on.... great guy and a fantastic tutor you wont get better

DB6
15th Dec 2002, 11:44
I'd go to the nearer one all else being equal.
I can also recommend the JEFTS course at RAF Barkston Heath if you fancy getting to grips with a fully aerobatic Firefly while you're at it (I am biased though I must confess).:D

MJR
16th Dec 2002, 09:52
You could try Aeros at Gloucester 01452 857419 www.aeros.co.uk.

Why?

Good school, aircraft, Airfield, Price and instruction.

cheers

MJR

Speedjeans
19th Dec 2002, 15:18
Try ETA at Bouremouth very very good...

Good luck
SJ's

Liquid Lunch
25th Dec 2002, 12:58
Sounds like you live between to two a/f. Keith Pogmore at Stapleford runs an excellent course.

LL

Everything gets easier with practice except getting up in the mornings !

READY MESSAGE
25th Dec 2002, 21:53
I cannot recommend Dave Coulson enough. He has a 'unique' approach to training and is a fount of knowledge.