PDA

View Full Version : easyJet roadshow code

Roper
11th Dec 2002, 20:00
Off to the easy roadshow next week, can someone give me a pointer to the correct dress code? (for males) I heard somewhere that anyone turning up in a suit got binned without being told, is this true? Can someone who has been to one of these please tell me how attendees were dressed..?

Thanks in advance.

Roper
12th Dec 2002, 10:47
Anyone give me a pointer to this...? I am sure lots of PPRuNe'rs have been to these things, so...? :confused:

2WingsOnMyWagon
12th Dec 2002, 20:39
Try posting this on the wannabe forum;):D

commercialdan
13th Dec 2002, 15:20
I've never been to one of these so i'm not sure what to expect.

I am going to the roadshow on Monday and Iwould think it was a smart-casual affair as it isn't an interview or anything. However in my opinion, wearing a suit is not over the top. I think that's what i'm going to wear. I can't see anything wrong in turning up smart. Better wearing one than to attend and find yourself the only one not wearing one!

Also, lets say you asked a very good question or made a good impression on those who are there who may be important. You would also want them to remember you by your well presented appearance.

JOCKEY
14th Dec 2002, 10:54
Easyjet roadshow is taking place at the Marriott Hotel Metro Centre, NCL on 16/17 Dec. Whatever you wear is up to you, just be aware of the large turnout expected from the resident BACX contingent already staying at the hotel thanks to FSAS 1.

Dubliner No.1
14th Dec 2002, 12:13
Guys,
Was lucky enough to meet a training captain and a very experienced senior 757 captain who runs the Sim. check rides for easyjet. The 757 guy turned up to do the check rides in a suit and tie and was asked not to by management. The interviewes were in jeans and trainers. It probably wouldn't hurt not to look like a scruff though!

mjenkinsblackdog
14th Dec 2002, 13:05
Try going in a party clockwork ORANGE outfit.
That should do the trick.:cool:

Ps dont forget your recordable machine for terms and conditions,etc .

Nb On the scruff issue!One of our chaps got hammered for not having correct clothing in the sim even though it was 3 in the morning.
Easyjet pilots are generally smart unlike the people in the orange shed who often look like they should be selling BIG ISSUE!

ojay
14th Dec 2002, 14:36
I am an easyJet trainer and although not involved with recruitment I will give my advice. I will start by saying that in my previous airline anyone wearing jeans on a recurrent sim would have been told to go home-this was a management instruction.Despite the ongoing 'dumbing down' prevalent within the industry,exemplified by the low cost sector I feel that a commercial pilot should at least look the part,i.e. professional.This should manifest in a 'smart casual' appearance and within the easyJet recruitment process be highlighted by the absence of a tie.I feel it is in the companies interest to have us appear jean-clad and unshaven as of course we are all equal in our egalitarian world here(please refer to the management bonus issue.)

I witnessed the latest bunch of 'new entrants' at Luton recently and the majority were wearing jeans,frankly not impressed.Armani suits are not necessary but a smart appearance makes a good impression.I am fairly certain most of my colleagues feel as I do.Look professional,act professionally and who knows maybe we might be treated as such!